FORUMS: list search recent posts

New setup Atem TV Studio / Decklink Studio

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Kolish
New setup Atem TV Studio / Decklink Studio
on Aug 21, 2013 at 5:44:12 am

Hi everyone, I had a couple questions I was hoping someone might be able to answer, as I think there might be a mistake in my setup:

What I was tasked to do was design a new System for a church that has HD capabilities (they currently are sd) that would take 3 new HD cameras. In addition, the want to be able to do various editing and finalizing (additional graphics, etc) for broadcast later, insert various graphics, video etc into the live mix to be played back inside the auditorium, and they want to run a live stream during broadcast. (vimeo)

After looking at the diagram on Blackmagic's website, I purchased an ATEM Television Studio Switcher and a Decklink Studio for this purpose. Got a behringer audio converter and transformer (analog mixing console)to input video.. and I build a new system:

z87board, 4670k processor, 32GB ram, 4GB GTX760 Video Card running win7 x64 with The adobe cc suite for all the editing, etc. I went with cc because of its ability to use a wider variety of audio plugins, etc.

The goal is to have the 3 camera come in to the switcher, handle the live broadcast with inserts, etc... save for later post production, and stream what they are seeing out to vimeo for the people who are unable to make it. Can my current setup do this? I mean, I believe it should, but now that i am putting the finishing touches on everything, I am wishing I had found this forum before designing all this. I am quite knowledgeable in most things, but this is my first dip into the video (I am a audio hardware engineer) I have people expecting the system to be installed and working very soon, so I really want to get any flaws ironed out immediately.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: New setup Atem TV Studio / Decklink Studio
on Aug 21, 2013 at 12:13:45 pm

yes - the ATEM Television studio (on one computer) will work wonderfully as the switcher. Of course, you need your computer to run this product, and you have already purchased the Behringer SRC-2496 to convert your audio mixer to AES/EBU (you need a 110 ohm to 75 ohm impediance transformer to convert the XLR from the Behringer to BNC - you can get this from Canare, or TecNec at Markertek). And of course you need a HDMI TV to see your multiview display.
Take the HD-SDI program output of this ATEM, and go into a SECOND COMPUTER that is running the Decklink Studio card, and use this for your streaming. This will take the HD-SDI video signal with embedded audio, and get it out to your streaming provider. I usually use Procaster from Livestream to accomplish this. I am unfamiliar what services Vimeo offers. Don't forget - you need some sort of intercom system so you can talk to your cameramen !

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
maxavid@cfl.rr.com

Return to posts index

Adam Kolish
on Aug 21, 2013 at 3:03:55 pm

ok, i do have the transformer, thankfully. So it sounds like i have built a great editing and streaming pc, and i am going to need something to operate the switcher. Or did I build a great switching computer and I need something to do the editing? :( their budget is tapped but they do have some core 2 duos and an old mac pro laying around they are currently using for all their sd work...
. hoping i can use one of those , or utilize what i have to make all this work.

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
on Aug 21, 2013 at 3:20:43 pm

Check out MXlight as a solution to both live streaming AND recording the H.264 video from the USB output of the TVS. It is quite possible that it will run on one of your older PC systems.

http://mxlight.co.uk/

I have successfully used the resistor-pad version of the balanced AES to BNC digital audio input on the TVS. Three 10-cent resistors. No transformer required. I made my own,but they can be purchased commercially, also. Of course, if you already have the transformer, might as well use it.

Return to posts index

Numan Ahm
on Aug 23, 2013 at 3:02:06 am

Hi,

Could any one please explain and guide all procedure with the name of HARDWARE and SOFTWARE.. TWO Camera Feed recording.
Sony HDR-AX2000E HD Camcorder

kind Regards

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]