FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can you have a reference monitor and large TV run out of a Decklink SDI?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ryan metcalf
Can you have a reference monitor and large TV run out of a Decklink SDI?
on Jul 28, 2013 at 10:51:00 pm

Hey All,

I'm fairly new to color correction and I'm in the process of setting up a home studio. I bought a Blackmagic Decklink SDI card a few months back to output to my jvc-verite reference monitor. Is there anyway I can split the output so that I can get a tv to display as well?

Thanks,
Ryan

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Can you have a reference monitor and large TV run out of a Decklink SDI?
on Jul 31, 2013 at 11:41:04 pm

of course there is. Blackmagic sells an HD-SDI to HDMI converter, so you can take the SDI feed, go into your JVC Verite, loop the HD-SDI input (or take the output jack from the monitor) and go into the Blackamgic SDI to HDMI converter (or if it's an older TV, the Blackmagic SDI to Analog converter for analog CAV). Either converter will cost you $280 at B&H.

You are willing to spend $280 to accomplish this, correct ? You are not expecting to be able to do this for free, am I correct ?

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
maxavid@cfl.rr.com

Return to posts index

eugen cela
Re: Can you have a reference monitor and large TV run out of a Decklink SDI?
on Nov 23, 2013 at 7:22:50 pm

Hi Bob
I have a similar problem. I want to connect a lcd samsung tv to my blackmagic deck link7.9. I'm using a mac pro and the video card is still connected to a beta and to a broadcast monitor (sony trinitron) via composite mode. I have seen that I have free the output sdi connection. Now if I want to connect the tv via sdi-hdmi I must by this expensive blackmagic converter or exsist an other product with less money. Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]