FORUMS: list search recent posts

ATEM TV Studio using one laptop

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Larry Randolph
ATEM TV Studio using one laptop
on Jul 22, 2013 at 7:11:43 pm

All,

Please be gentle.... this is my first time.

I am considering purchasing an ATEM TV Studio if I can run it from one laptop. So, in other words, I want to both run the switch software AND record with BM software to the hard drive at the same time. My goal is to grab the m.264 recording for polish editing and then throwing stuff on YouTube.

When talking to the techs at Blackmagic I don't get a solid yes or a no. They say it is "possible" which I understand disclaims them from someone who might try to do this with Grandma Gertie's 1983 TRS-80 model 100 laptop.

As they won't commit to the answer I am wondering if any of you have been successful with this setup. Have any of you done this successfully?

Thanks in Advance for your kind words :)

Larry

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: ATEM TV Studio using one laptop
on Jul 22, 2013 at 9:03:30 pm

I have not had success with this setup. I use the ATEM TV Studio all the time. For streaming, or for
recording, I use a separate computer.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
maxavid@cfl.rr.com

Return to posts index

Larry Randolph
on Jul 22, 2013 at 9:23:43 pm

Bob,

First thanks so much for your quick reply!!!

So, if I am understanding you correctly. You use one for the switch and one for the recording? If I am correct, what kind of horsepower does the recording machine need?

Thanks again,
Larry

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jul 23, 2013 at 3:25:55 pm

A Mac Mini will work perfectly ($599). Or you can buy a Blackmagic Hyperdeck Shuttle, or Hyperdeck Studio and record directly to SSD.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
maxavid@cfl.rr.com

Return to posts index

Larry Randolph
on Jul 23, 2013 at 7:04:49 pm

Thanks Bob,

I am PC based. Trying to avoid buying the additional hyperdeck as then if I understand you have to then convert that video back to H.264 with another piece of software.

But, I may be able to swing the smaller hp laptop for the switch and a beefier one for recording the H.264 signal.

Thanks!!
Larry

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]