FORUMS: list search recent posts

Confused about port usage for live streaming with ATEM products and Mac.

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tangier Clarke
Confused about port usage for live streaming with ATEM products and Mac.
on Jul 9, 2013 at 4:13:18 pm

I am trying to put together a live switching and streaming setup for my church around some of the BM products, but there's something I can't seem to make a lot of sense about:

People are streaming but (if they're not using a Mac Pro which has two ports) are they streaming via WIFI?

It seems that the ATEM TVS (for example) is controlled by the computer via the ethernet port - the very port I'd want to have plugged into my network for the fastest connection and secure streaming transmission.

Am I missing something her? Forgive my ignorance, but I'm reading about the products I'd need trying to make sense of how I put all of this together for three cameras (plus one in the future).

On that note does anyone have any recommendations on a mobile rack setup I can put a lot of these components in?

Tangier

Return to posts index

Chad Pearson
Re: Confused about port usage for live streaming with ATEM products and Mac.
on Jul 10, 2013 at 12:59:34 am

The ATEM is a network device just like any other. If you give it an IP address that's on your local subnet (it must be set manually and is always static no DHCP), then you can connect it and your laptop (and anything else) into your internet router/switch at the same time and have everything talking together.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]