FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro Spotty Performance

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Burns
Intensity Pro Spotty Performance
on Jun 26, 2013 at 9:27:50 pm

We recently purchased and installed a BlackMagic Instensity Pro card in our 12-Core MacPro. It worked great at first in After Effects. However its performance quickly became very spotty, only working every once in a while seemingly at random. For example, it never seemed to work in Premiere Pro except when playing something in the Source panel. Even then if I changed clips it would stop working. I'm sort of flummoxed because it worked perfectly at first.

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: Intensity Pro Spotty Performance
on Jun 28, 2013 at 12:23:00 am

Hi Chris,

Can you elaborate on what you mean by 'spotty'?

Is the video periodically dropping out?

Is there no video at all?

Are there glitches in the video?

Are the colours wrong?

etc.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Chris Burns
on Jul 3, 2013 at 6:17:01 pm

I apologize for the ambiguity - what I meant was it either works (video plays fine) or it doesn't (the video doesn't play at all). I haven't really been able to detect a pattern as to what it will play and what it wont...

Return to posts index

Glenn Cowan
on May 8, 2016 at 1:43:22 am

Kristian,

I just bought the Intensity Shuttle for USB 3.0

Capturing SD footage to 1080i59.94, with the SD to HD setting on Pillarbox, does NOT Pillarbox; it zooms into the SD image and crops the top and bottom of the original 4:3 footage.

This is seemingly a software glitch in the settings of the Desktop Video Utility. Is there a fix? Blackmagic refuses to address it in the forums.

How are we supposed to capture/upconvert SD footage on the fly if this doesn't work? I've seen this issue around the web and no one is getting answers.

Indie Filmmaker

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]