FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe CC and BM DeckLink 9.7.5

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Orlowski
Adobe CC and BM DeckLink 9.7.5
on Jun 24, 2013 at 7:07:32 pm

Just updated from CS6 to CC on my Windows 7 Pro DeckLink Studio workstation and all seems fine, except in AE CC, I no longer have an option to send my audio thru my BM speakers, only my Windows speakers.

In CS6, my options were:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ob4aib8lflt9yb/2013-06-24%2015.00.05.jpg

But in CC, my only option is:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4yaomo4nichsu33/2013-06-24%2015.00.57.jpg

What did I do wrong? I have the latest DeckLink drivers installed, 9.7.5.

Premiere Pro CC has the BM as an option for audio.

Return to posts index

Michiel van Haren
Re: Adobe CC and BM DeckLink 9.7.5
on Jun 26, 2013 at 9:32:54 am

Hi,
we are having the same problem at work here on OSX. Using AE CC and 9.7.5 driver we cannot get audio to play through the Blackmagic audio outputs from After Effects anymore (using Decklink Studio connected to HDLink DVI).
Also it seems that since I installed the latest driver the audio in the whole system seems to exhibit tiny dropouts/stutters in playback that weren't there before. Although I can't say for sure if the new driver is causing this, together with the audio in AE not working it seems suspect. Hopefully someone from BM can investigate?

Return to posts index

James Orlowski
on Jun 26, 2013 at 12:56:49 pm

Sorry to hear you also have problems, but I'm also glad as it now must be a more widespread issue that will hopefully get the attention of Blackmagic.

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on Jun 27, 2013 at 12:37:08 am

Hi,

Did you refer to page 18 of the manual on how to setup audio preview in Adobe After Effects CC?

You now need to setup your audio in the OS X System Preferences or Windows Control Panel as After Effects CC now uses that as the audio device.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Michiel van Haren
on Jun 27, 2013 at 9:05:48 am

Hi Kristian,
the problem is that Blackmagic Audio does not show up in the devices list for "default device" in AE CC for me, even though in the system audio settings it is there and works (although for me I am suffering from audio stutters/dropouts in general system audio now)

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on Jun 28, 2013 at 12:21:20 am

Your selection in After Effects CC should be 'System Default' as Blackmagic is already selected as your system audio in the OS X / Windows preferences.

With Blackmagic selected int your system audio settings, and 'System Default' selected in After Effects CC, are you getting any audio at all?

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Michiel van Haren
on Jun 28, 2013 at 1:03:56 pm

Hi Kristian, thanks for responding.
In AE Audio hardware is set to system default, and in the system settings the audio device for output is set to Blackmagic but I'm not getting any audio from AE. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the BM driver but no luck so far...

Return to posts index

Michiel van Haren
on Jun 28, 2013 at 1:12:36 pm

Ok, I just managed to get something working! What I did was go to the "audio output mapping" screen in AE prefs. When this was set to System Default, the "left" and "right" twirl-down selection boxes where empty and I couldn't select anything there. Then I changed the "map output for" to "built in output" which then gave me the built in speakers for "left" and "right". Then I changed it back again to "system default" and lo and behold, now suddenly the "left" and "right" menu's had Blackmagic Audio out selected that weren't there before!

So for anyone else with this issue, try changing the "map output for..." to something else, then changing back again to see if your Blackmagic outputs suddenly appear.

Return to posts index

Marc Fisher
on Jul 23, 2013 at 11:26:53 pm

I'm having issues with my card an premiere as well, t hough, i think it may be more the BMD driver.
Right now, i have picture out of the BMD card, but no sound. from anything. i tried Premiere, and Smoke. no audio. i tried itunes. i tried the BMD express.
Oddly, Smoke reports not getting any sync from my AJA Gen10 Sync Gen.
time to roll back this driver, or hopefully, a new one comes out.. reallllll soon..

Mac 10.8
Decklink Extreme 3D

Return to posts index

Marc Fisher
on Jul 26, 2013 at 7:08:51 am

i tried to roll my drivers back, as any logical step would dictate.. i tried 9.7.3, no luck, i tried 9.7.2 (as that's What Smoke is spec'd to work with) .
I'm not as adapt at Premiere as i am Smoke and DS and even Composer, but int he similar vien that FCP worked, Premiere should be somewhat similar. And i get no sound out of my BMD card. nothing now. I can get SMoke to play sound out of the Built in audio outputs(line out) but nothing form premiere. Nothing. I get picture, i have Sync.. no sound. Maybe it's more of a Mac OS X thing, cause i sure can't be the only one without sound.. it sure is a boring world watching silent pictures.. hard as hell to edit to Audio...

Are there any ways to Update the BMD firmware or something.. Something... ?

Return to posts index

Arjen Abbestee
on Aug 26, 2013 at 2:32:04 pm

I prefer the old situation where I can have my music (and system sounds) through my build-in digital output and audio from AE through BM. Why? Because SDI audio goes through my video broadcast monitor (to make sure audio is sync and feed it to my analog mixer). When I set system audio to BM all audio has to go through my monitor, meaning it has to be turned on even when no image is shown. So now I have to switch audio setting in the control panel several times a day.
I can only hope this change will be undone...

Return to posts index

Ulrich Grimm
on Aug 30, 2013 at 6:33:21 am

Hi everybody

I do not think this is related to Blackmagic. I had the ssme problem with my AJA Kona 3 and my Blackmagic Extreme.

So I did what Michiel described. Just changed the settings for audio and put them back to system default again – and now it works perfectly!

Regards,
Uli

Return to posts index

Paul Hart
on Nov 6, 2013 at 10:16:49 pm

I just encountered the same problem with BM's 9.9.2 and After Effects CC 12.1. There was no audio output and nothing showing showing on the meters in After Effects. When I went to the Audio Mapping preference and changed to Built in Output it crashed AE. I got around this by first changing Audio Hardware in the AE preferences to Built in Output. This allowed me to change the mapping preferences to Built in output and sure enough the Decklink card showed up on the left and right channels menus. I then reset both the Audio Mapping and Audio Hardware to System Default Input/Output and now everything is working properly.

OSX 10.8.5
Decklink Extreme 3
Mac Pro 4.1

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]