FORUMS: list search recent posts

What would be the difference in using the In-built HDMI out from a Macbook Retnia Display and using a UltraStudio Mini Monitor?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Mark
What would be the difference in using the In-built HDMI out from a Macbook Retnia Display and using a UltraStudio Mini Monitor?
on Jun 13, 2013 at 1:09:09 pm

Hello,

I have been playing out video using my Macbook pro Retina display to a HDTV, and I have notice a bit of choppiness when playing out using the In-build HDMI. Might have something to do with the graphics card? My Imac does not seem to do this, it plays very smoothly. So my main question is, will using the Black Magic UltraStudio mini monitor make a difference?

Thank you

A News Graphic Lover

Return to posts index

Chad Pearson
Re: What would be the difference in using the In-built HDMI out from a Macbook Retnia Display and using a UltraStudio Mini Monitor?
on Jun 13, 2013 at 10:28:24 pm

The mini monitor is not a graphics card, and will not allow you to mirror your display out of it. It is meant for editing software (Final Cut) or special playback software (like ProPresenter, or PlaybackPro) used in video productions and TV studios.

Return to posts index

John Mark
Re: What would be the difference in using the In-built HDMI out from a Macbook Retnia Display and using a UltraStudio Mini Monitor?
on Jun 14, 2013 at 8:10:18 am

Will this device work well with my Macbook Pro Retina display and OnTheAirExprees - http://www.softron.tv/products/ontheairvideoexpress.html

A News Graphic Lover

Return to posts index

Chad Pearson
on Jun 14, 2013 at 8:56:03 pm

From reading the Softron knowledgebase it looks like yes. Their playout software supports using a Ultrastudio Mini-Monitor as an output device.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]