FORUMS: list search recent posts

Requirements for Intensity Shuttle?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John List
Requirements for Intensity Shuttle?
on May 25, 2013 at 1:09:43 am

I've been researching into getting a BMI Shuttle (USB3 version) but I've been seeing conflicting reports on its compatibility. I've read that only certain motherboards or chipsets will work and also that Blackmagic's website is outdated on the matter. I've read my kind of board can support it but Blackmagic says nothing about its compatibility. I thought it'd be best to simply post my system specs and see if anybody can take it from there since I can't find the information by searching.

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0
CPU: AMB FX8320 3.5 Ghz
Video: Radeon HD 7890

I've read that the USB needs to be a PCIe card but mine is built right in the motherboard. The documentation for Blackmagic doesn't seem to be very specific.

Return to posts index

Jerel Peterson
Re: Requirements for Intensity Shuttle?
on May 25, 2013 at 2:28:49 am

buy it from B and H Photo or a place on Amazon that will offer a 30-day return.

I had lots of problems getting a working solution, but in the end, it was my CAMERA that was the problem--not the Shuttle or my various computers. Since I switched cameras, the shuttle has worked on every computer I've tried it on, including laptops and desktops. All were using the on-board USB 3.0

Return to posts index

John Elmos
on May 25, 2013 at 2:33:28 am

That's a good thing it has that kind of compatibility. What kind of motherboard/CPU were the computers you have been using it on?

Return to posts index

Jerel Peterson
on Jun 13, 2013 at 1:26:05 am

Didn't see this request until now.

I've used it on HP Pavillion Dv6 and Dv7 laptops with i7 processors. For desktops, I've used a Dell Alienware X51 and an HP Pavillion Phoenix with i7 processors. I'm not sure what motherboards they have in them. In all cases, USB 3 was on the motherboard. I've never gotten it to work with a PCI card for USB 3 (I've tried only one -- possibly two).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]