FORUMS: list search recent posts

Please Check My Equipment List

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joseph wilkins
Please Check My Equipment List
on May 11, 2013 at 2:26:26 pm

Hello,

I have a client who had hired our video production studio to record a live event with 3 cameras switching.

The 2-hour event needs to be broadcast live using livestream.com and recorded for upload to YouTube.

I am about to buy the $995 Black Magic ATEM TV Production Studio.

I am also planning on buying the Behring SRC2496 A/D Converter for recording sound.

I am planning on recording the video stream using my Atomos Ninja 2.

I am streaming to the web using my Matrox 2 LE connecting to livestream.

Camera wise I have a Sony EX 1, Panasonic HVX200, Canon C100 and a Canon 5d mk2 & a mk3.

I would prefer to run all canons, but have been told the Sony & Panasonics may be a better option..

I will be controlling from my 2008 mac book pro laptop via USB.

All 3 cameras will be close to control center, so no issues with HDMI cable lengths.

Thanks for any suggestions you have

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Please Check My Equipment List
on May 12, 2013 at 6:31:40 pm

yes -
bring someone in that can assist you with this. Your equipment list is incomplete. I just did a proposal with a Blackmagic Television Studio, and there is a LOT of stuff needed to make this happen. It's not $995.

you need cameras
you need tripods
you need lenses
you need your cameras to have HD-SDI outputs. The TV Studio has only 2 HD-SDI inputs, but four HDMI inputs, so if your cameras don't have that, you need HD-SDI to HDMI converters

you need a computer, keyboard, mouse, and monitor for the computer.

you need to feed out your HD output to something. The multiview and program outputs can go to 24" LCD screens with HDMI inputs, but your actual output needs to get recorded somewhere. And if you are streaming you need multiple outputs. You can use the AUX outputs, but I am getting the Blackmagic SDI Distributor ($295) to give me plenty of program outputs that I will need.

The Canon cameras with HDMI outputs have the menus on the screen, and you can't get rid of them for a clean HD output.

you can use your Atomos to record the output. I assume that you have another computer to do your Livestream with your Matrox,because streaming requires processing power - especially with ProCaster.

You need an audio mixer. You need mics. You need headphones, you need speakers. You already mentioned the Behringer 2496, which is what I use as well. You need a UPS, and outlet strips to plug all this junk in.

You may need an intercom system. The cheapest one is from DataVideo. A good one is ClearCom or RTS, but they are expensive. Blackmagic has the ATEM Studio Converter which will cost you $4000 with 4 ATEM Camera converter boxes. Remember that this is a single channel system only, so if you need IFB this is still not a good choice, and it has no program input unless you use one of the ATEM Camera converter boxes, so if you need a telephone feed into your IFB to the talent, it will be limited.

And then someone has to wire all of this up. While Blackmagic has helped to level the playing field, it's still not cheap to build a system like this, nor easy. And it certainly doesn't cost $995.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]