FORUMS: list search recent posts

ATEM Television Studio playing in VT

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Payne
ATEM Television Studio playing in VT
on May 2, 2013 at 3:53:50 pm

Hi,

So I have a Blackmagic ATEM Television Studio that I use to mix 4 cameras live and then send this into wirecast to stream live on YouTube. Currently I cut VT packages in using wirecast but as you have 2 run 2 at the same time (main and backup) this causes issues.

What is the best solution for playing a VT into the ATEM? Is there a way of triggering a media player and playing this stream into a video input on the ATEM box?

Really appreciate anyones help.

Tom

Return to posts index

Dave Brandt
Re: ATEM Television Studio playing in VT
on May 4, 2013 at 11:19:18 am

Hi Tom.

We use a laptop with hdmi connection to the atem tvs.
We used qlab at first, then we used premiere pro as play out, but recently we got our hands on resolume avenue which is the best one yet. It lets you build your show with nice graphic blocks for each VT.
we have found it to be rock solid so far. We transcode everything to their own codec and we use 1080i50
All running on retina MacBook Pro.
When we need to we can use the same MacBook to do the switching as rsolume will maintain its output even if its not the foreground application. Which premiere didn't do.
Dave

http://www.SolidMedia.ie

Macbook Pro 17" i7 2.2 8GB
PC i7 32GB Self Build
FCP 7 FCPX Adobe CS6 Vegas 12 Nuendo 4

Return to posts index

Tom Payne
on May 7, 2013 at 8:56:10 am

That's great thanks for your reply! Do you have countdowns or freeze frame picture at the top of you VT's and graphic packages?

Return to posts index

Dave Brandt
on May 7, 2013 at 3:55:05 pm

Hi Tom,
We don't have freeze frame or countdown. Resolume is super responsive and plays back immediately so we can rely on human touch.
Basically one person operates the switcher with one hand and triggers the VT or graphics with the other, low budget Guerrilla Style.
For some productions we use animated graphics that hold on out (This is set on resolute) so we create dynamic overlays this way. The next graphic element would then have the same in point so when triggered appears completely seamless.

Has worked for us so far.

Dave

http://www.SolidMedia.ie

Macbook Pro 17" i7 2.2 8GB
PC i7 32GB Self Build
FCP 7 FCPX Adobe CS6 Vegas 12 Nuendo 4

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]