FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can you do this on the ATEM 2 ME?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Walker
Can you do this on the ATEM 2 ME?
on Apr 23, 2013 at 12:48:55 am

Purchased but not yet taken delivery of an ATEM 2 ME switcher and a 1 ME panel.

1. The easy question first; you can access ME 1 from ME 2 right?
2. Can you access ME 2 on ME 1?
3. Can you route the output of ME 1 to the AUX busses? Please say yes!
4. Can you delegate control of either ME to a 1 ME hardware panel and then control the other ME on the software panel? Please say yes!
Thanks

don walker
texarkana, texas

John 3:16

Return to posts index

Chad Pearson
Re: Can you do this on the ATEM 2 ME?
on Apr 23, 2013 at 3:47:58 am

1. No
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes

ME/1 is considered your "main" program feed. Everything else is designed to flow into it (including the output of ME/2). In the TV world, ME/2 is many times used as a way to put together complex shots (multiple picture in picture and upstream keys) which are then treated as just another input on ME/1. The ATEM though can do this using "SuperSource" which for all intents and purposes could be considered a whole other ME.

In live event production and/or churches people use 1 of the ME's for the in-room projectors, and the other for broadcast/distribution/live streaming. Both can be run independantly, and you can have anywhere from 5 to 8(?) computers able to control the different aspects of the switcher simultaneously (ME/1, ME/2, still frame store, and audio).

Return to posts index

Don Walker
on Apr 23, 2013 at 3:58:05 am

Thanks Chad for your answers.

I am used to Grass Valley and Ross switchers that label the farthest upstream ME as 1 and the downstream MEs as 2 (and on really big switchers 3 &4).

Are the program outputs of both MEs available on the Aux busses? Does ME 2 have clean feed outs?

There are 2 Multistream outputs, can they be configured as to represent the MEs as 2 different switchers? (albeit with one feeding the other)

don walker
texarkana, texas

John 3:16

Return to posts index

Chad Pearson
on Apr 23, 2013 at 11:50:13 pm

Yes to all of the above. There is 1 dedicated ME2 output, and 4 dedicated ME1 (2x HDSDI, 1xSDSDI, 1xComposite), but any of the outputs including clean feeds of either can be output to any of the AUX's (though from what I remember the ME2 clean source is kinda hard to find on the hardware panel but should be easily found via the software controller).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]