FORUMS: list search recent posts

Live Streaming Video out of HDLink Extreme

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Perrin
Live Streaming Video out of HDLink Extreme
on Apr 12, 2013 at 4:04:19 pm

So I just got back from NAB and had a hard time finding someone who had a product for what I need to accomplish. I am a colorist set up on a Mac Pro with Resolve 9 and I want to be able to conduct supervised sessions with clients who are out of state. I want to be able to take the output of either my video card or FSI monitor and have my client be able to see my HD video signal live with minimal delay so they can give direction on color grading. I would talk to the client over the phone unless there is a way to use the microphone from my Mac Pro to communicate with them. I think iChat would be a low quality, free way to do this, but I am looking to give my client a decent HD image on their computer that will be fairly accurate to the colors I am seeing on my broadcast monitor. Any suggestions that aren't going to cost me $3000 -$5,000?

Thanks!
Matt Perrin
Owner/Colorist
Colorwave

Return to posts index

Chad Pearson
Re: Live Streaming Video out of HDLink Extreme
on Apr 12, 2013 at 9:45:50 pm

It may sound unconventional, but there are a number of people who are using Skype using something like the Blackmagic Mini Recorder. Though their use case is to feed an SDI or HDMI signal from a high end camera or switcher, the workflow should be the same.

There are some tricks to be aware of though involving Skype's XML config file (to disable bandwidth detection which drops the resolution, etc). But it since the Mini Recorder is only $145, it might be worth a look.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Apr 13, 2013 at 11:38:39 pm

slingbox

Glenn

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Apr 13, 2013 at 11:41:22 pm

of course your color will never be accurate on their monitor, as you have no control how it is set up, and its not a broadcast monitor

Glenn

Return to posts index

Matt Perrin
on Apr 17, 2013 at 3:21:15 pm

Thanks for the input guys. I'm going to see how iChat works for my client first and then explore slingbox. I will check out Skype as well. Just need to figure out what I need to get the output of my Decklink into iChat.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]