FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Express Records Audio out of Sync

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Bennett
Media Express Records Audio out of Sync
on Apr 8, 2013 at 6:21:14 pm

So far my first experience with Media Express is not well received. Not only does it only create AVI files, the audio is way out-of-sync. And I mean out-of-sync by 10-15 seconds. And lastly, the video all too often jumps, even though the playback on my external studio monitor was sharp, clean and very smooth and stable.

If someone can enlighten me that would be great.

Thanks.

Ken Bennett
Video Adventures
Capturing Your Life's Adventures!

Return to posts index

William Fambrough
Re: Media Express Records Audio out of Sync
on Apr 27, 2013 at 3:59:34 pm

I had the same problems with the audio/video sync. At first, I could only digitize 20 minutes at a time, then finally 1 minute at a time would not work after the last product update. What I had to do was uninstall the latest version and go back to version Decklink 7.4. There I have no problems with sync at all. I hope this works for you as well. The interface is not fancy but it works.

Return to posts index

Pablo Suarez Rivaya
Re: Media Express Records Audio out of Sync
on Jun 4, 2013 at 2:37:14 pm

Hello guys, i met the same problem recording from an ATEM TV Studio with Media Express. Looks like the problem comes from the speed of the Hard Drive: it's not fast enough to record HD Video without loosing frames, jumps and all that ugly stuff. So the audio and video was not in sync at all. I noticed this because, at the same time, i was recording the same show in SD, and this recording was perfectly in sync.
I adjusted the timing of the HD video recording with Final Cut Pro X, so that the sync was good in the beginning and the end... but still, the audio and video are out of sync in the middle of the recording: a big chaos.
I tested the speed of the Hard Drive with the Blackmagic Design Disk Speed Test, and it confirmed that.
So now i need to know what options i have to record in HD. Any sugestions?
Thanks!

Pablo.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]