FORUMS: list search recent posts

Computer HDMI->ShuttleProUSB3->LaptopUSB3 not working

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derick Boe
Computer HDMI->ShuttleProUSB3->LaptopUSB3 not working
on Mar 28, 2013 at 6:13:50 pm

I've had this Intensity Shuttle USB3 device for about a year now and just got a new desktop so I want to try it out.
I have the HDMI cable plugged into my video card and set my computer to Clone desktop, so all outputs on the video should be the same. I've set my resolution to 1280x720@60hz.
I've connected it to the Shuttle and from there, plugged the USB cable into my Renesas PCCard54 To USB 3 card on the laptop.
The software recognizes that it's plugged in, the Media Express shows Intensity Shuttle with a checkmark.
However I get no video or audio in the preview. If I try to capture, it just captures nothing.
I've set the project preferences to 1280x720p@60fps. My games are running at 720p, but nothing is getting through.

The laptop is an Alienware M17x R1. It doesn't have the intel x58 chipset, it's running Nvidia chipset, which is crap.
However, I've tested this USB 3.0 card with a fast flash drive, and I get over 200 MBps read and 180 MBps write speeds, so there's plenty of bandwidth there.
I have 2 750 GB hybrid drives running in RAID0, and the Disk test utility says I can do up to 1080i recording at 60fps.

Is this just not going to work? I can't use Fraps as it lags my computer too much.
Computer specs are

Processor Manufacturer: Intel
Processor Version: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz
External Clock: 190 MHz
Maximum Clock Supported: 2800 MHz
Current Clock: 3610 MHz
CPU Socket: Populated
CPU Status: Enabled
Processor Type: Central Processor
Processor Voltage: 1.2 V
Processor Upgrade: Unknown (1)
Socket Designation: LGA1366

ASUS P6X58D PREMIUM
Intel X58 (Tylersburg 36S) + ICH10R
6 GB DD3 triple Channel

Return to posts index

Mike Squires
Re: Computer HDMI->ShuttleProUSB3->LaptopUSB3 not working
on Apr 2, 2013 at 4:07:23 pm

Did you go into the Blackmagic Control Panel (under Windows Control Panel/Hardware and Sound) and set the input for HDMI, and the resolution for 1280x720? The settings have to be done in both the Blackmagic Control Panel, and in Media Express.

Return to posts index

Derick Boe
on Apr 2, 2013 at 4:16:42 pm

Omg that's brilliant! No I didn't even know about that it's not mentioned anywhere! I'll try that in a few minutes.

Return to posts index

Derick Boe
on Apr 2, 2013 at 5:17:09 pm

Okay getting somewhere. I set it to 1280x720@60 in the control panel. Now when I plug it into my computer and run media express, I get a message saying that I need to update my Blackmagic device. So I tell it to. It says "The software on your Intensity Shuttle was updated successfully" and to unplug power and usb to restart it. So I do then plug it back in after 45 seconds and then press OK on that prompt.

I then have to close Media Express because it no longer detects a device plugged in. So I close and re-open it and now it says: "Blackmagic hardware could not be found in your system. Please check the installation."

If I unplug then plug the device back in then open Media Express it opens, detects the device and again says it needs it's drivers updated.

Stuck in a loop here.
At one point I did see something in the preview pane just before Media Express said I need to update the device, so I think it will work now, I just have to get around this moronic song and dance.

Return to posts index

Mike Squires
on Apr 3, 2013 at 1:28:45 am

A couple of other people have had that same problem. Try uninstalling the Blackmagic software, reboot, re-install the software, reboot again, and plug in the device.

Return to posts index

Derick Boe
on Apr 8, 2013 at 1:16:33 pm

Sorry for the late reply, I did that several times now, it happens every time but I will try it again.
So frustrating.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]