FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ultrastudio Express and VHS

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Savino
Ultrastudio Express and VHS
on Mar 26, 2013 at 12:35:45 am

I've connect my VHS deck to the Ultrastudio express via the breakout cable using Y/ and RCA audio in and switched over the connections on the Mac to composite and analog. I open Blackmagic media express and the video image flashes in the import window about one flash every five or so seconds. I can't seem to correct this so that I can capture the VHS tape. Has anyone had any experience this and can lend a few suggestions?

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Ultrastudio Express and VHS
on Mar 27, 2013 at 1:49:15 am

you need a frame synchronizer (more money) to stabilize the VHS machine so it can work with the Blackmagic card. The same thing would happen with a Matrox or AJA card, so don't start crying about Blackmagic.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Mar 29, 2013 at 9:02:25 pm

I've captured hours upon hours of VHS no problem with the mxo2 mini. Probably need a better vhs deck.

Return to posts index

Paolo Castellano
on Mar 28, 2013 at 11:01:52 pm

Hi Mike,
if you don't have the budget for a broadcast TBC (DPS-575, Leitch X75, etc.), you could use some other device that has an integrated TBC, like a Panasonic DVD recorder (you have to use it as E-E device), or any other digital VTR designed to capture VHS tapes.
Best Regards,

Paolo.Castellano@ivs.it
http://www.ivsEdits.com
-----------------------
"Post Fata Resurgo"

Return to posts index

Alejandro Arriaga
on Apr 3, 2013 at 1:24:49 am

same problem...
Canopus advc-300 was the solution.

Never love a filmmaker...

Return to posts index

Mike Savino
on Apr 3, 2013 at 1:20:41 pm

I bought the Blackmagic Video Recorder for my VHS and older footage. Works like a charm. Thanks for the advice and input.

MSF/V
Commercial

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]