FORUMS: list search recent posts

Atem 2 M/E Production Switcher

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emmanuel Ochise
Atem 2 M/E Production Switcher
on Mar 16, 2013 at 12:27:01 pm

My Church just acquired an Atem 2 Production Switcher and I am in charge of operations. The product functions quite well except for the fact that (1)I can't playback videos on it, we really need to be able to playback videos on it (2) There is a delay and an out of sync picture with respect to audio and realtime.

Please any solution to these issues. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jim Brown
Re: Atem 2 M/E Production Switcher
on Mar 17, 2013 at 5:19:24 pm

What is your playback device? We use a Mac and PlaybackPro to playback videos. A lot of churches use ProPresenter which also works great.

We have tried DVD players, but the HDCP issues result in no connection or choppy connection.

Let us know more.

Jim Brown
M&M ProductionsUSA

Return to posts index

Justin Strauber
Re: Atem 2 M/E Production Switcher
on Mar 18, 2013 at 6:17:59 pm

ATEM switchers do not have built-in video playback. They have two 'clip players' which can play up to 360 total frames, and are mostly meant to use as stingers and/or 'Bugs'.

The ATEM should only have a few frames of delay, but it also depends on what formats you are coming from and going to. Doing Up / Down conversion results in a fairly sizable delay, and for best results you should set your equipment to work in the native resolution of whatever your output device (projector, monitors, etc) is set to.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]