FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for Engineer to Fix HDLinkPro BNC-SDI "A" Sodder

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carmen Del Toro
Looking for Engineer to Fix HDLinkPro BNC-SDI "A" Sodder
on Mar 1, 2013 at 10:13:24 pm

Hi, I have recently bought a used Black Magic HDLink Pro ( DVI) that has the "A" SDI IN connector, with some play, it feels loose, and when I give it a valid SDI signal the LED light does not turn brighter, The SDI "B" IN is firm but the signal is not received either, I suspect that is due to the sodder of the A input being broken .

I am in Los Angeles and was wondering if there are any Video Engineers out here with black magic experience to see if the HD Link Pro is fixable and would perform the repair.

Full disclosure : Since I bought the item used, Is no longer under warranty and by the looks of it , looks like the cable was pulled while still connected to the HDlink Pro. Operator error, and me touching it probably did not help either. I would hate to generate more E-waste, but if need to re-purchase one I will.

thank you all in advance.

Best

Carmen Del Toro
IATSE Local 600 DIT | Digital Acquisition Supervisor for Motion Pictures and TV

carmendeltoro@icloud.com

Return to posts index

Paolo Castellano
Re: Looking for Engineer to Fix HDLinkPro BNC-SDI "A" Sodder
on Mar 2, 2013 at 11:47:50 am

[Carmen Del Toro] " I would hate to generate more E-waste"

I like this element :-)

Ciao,

Paolo.Castellano@ivs.it
http://www.ivsEdits.com
-----------------------
"Post Fata Resurgo"

Return to posts index

James Brooks
Re: Looking for Engineer to Fix HDLinkPro BNC-SDI "A" Sodder
on Mar 5, 2013 at 4:43:53 pm

I'm not in LA, so I can't do it, but I have done it before and it is very easy if you have even basic soldering skills. I jammed a couple of nuts in as well to make it more solid. Doesn't look great, but hasn't failed since

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]