FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic Design HyperDeck Shuttle 2 VS Ki Pro Mini

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Targia
Blackmagic Design HyperDeck Shuttle 2 VS Ki Pro Mini
on Feb 26, 2013 at 3:27:26 pm

I currently use a Panansoic HPX170 and will be purchasing a HPX250 or 370 in the near future. I have used the Ki Pros before, and wow they were great saving right to ProRes really speeds up the workflow by eliminating log and transfer! So I was looking to get one for my own studio, however they are a bit pricey, however I came across the HyperDeck Shuttle and it appears to do be able to do the same thing MUCH cheaper! However, most of the reviews I have seen for it only comment on the uncompressed video ascept of it. While that is a nice feature to have, I can't afford to archive all my footage uncompressed, and since the HyperDeck can save in Pro Res it seems like a win win. However, I would like to hear if anyone has used it for this purpose, and if they have had similar experience with Ki Pros, or any other recommendations for something similar. I am editing in FCP7. Thanks!

================================================
MacPro 4,1 Dual Quad-Core Intel 2.26Ghz, 16GB DDR3 Ram
FCP 7.0.3
-I highly recommend el Gato Turbo264HD-

Return to posts index

Paolo Castellano
Re: Blackmagic Design HyperDeck Shuttle 2 VS Ki Pro Mini
on Feb 28, 2013 at 1:10:32 am

Hi Christofer,
the Hyperdeck Shuttle 2 is perfect for your needs; I specified 2 because the first edition can only capture uncompressed video (be careful if buying a second hand unit).
Best Regards,

Paolo.Castellano@ivs.it
http://www.ivsEdits.com
-----------------------
"Post Fata Resurgo"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]