FORUMS: list search recent posts

PsF output with Intensity

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Christie
PsF output with Intensity
on Feb 24, 2013 at 7:29:32 am

Hi,

Just wondering if it is possible to have my BM Intensity card output 25P as 25PsF as my reference monitor is a SD CRT (with the Intensity handling down conversion). In Premiere I can get by with a 50i timeline until I open a clip in the source monitor, then it starts outputting progressive again, which gets garbled on my CRT.

I'm also wondering if I can change the default output of the card so that it outputs a PAL signal when my computer starts so that I don't have a hundred white lines rolling down my monitor.

Thanks,

Daniel

Return to posts index

Jonathan Hensley
Re: PsF output with Intensity
on Mar 2, 2013 at 9:22:29 pm

Are you using the Intensity Pro? I have the Intensity Extreme for my iMac, which I assume would have similar drivers.

You cannot show PSF on the Extreme. However, there is a "Select output processing" option under the BMD Settings panel on a Mac where you can select "HD to SD Letterbox" or "HD to SD Anamorphic". This should automatically take care of the downconversion for you. If you are running CS on a PC, I am not sure where those options would be, but I assume they are there.

There also is a "Set default video standard" option where you can select PAL. However, I do not believe that the Intensity will automatically set that as the option when you open Premiere. This is more for their Media Express software. You need to set your Premiere sequence settings to whatever your desired output is.

Why are you sticking with an SD monitor? My recommendation would be to save some money for a higher end HDMI broadcast monitor. Or even a high end consumer monitor to edit with, and then preview SD on your old monitor when your project is finished.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]