FORUMS: list search recent posts

No Playback w blackmagic decklink studio... no drivers on the site?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcos Horacio
No Playback w blackmagic decklink studio... no drivers on the site?
on Feb 9, 2013 at 6:58:37 pm

Hi everyone,
I just installed decklink studio on my Macp Pro mid 2012 model. I see all the presets on FCP but I get no output signal whatsoever on my external monitor. I may have an old driver for the card but I can't seem to find a new driver anywhere on their website. Do you guys have any idea where I can download it from?

Thanks,

Marcos H.

Mac Pro
3.33Hhz 6-Core Intel
12GB RAM
FCP Studio 2
AE / PS / AI CS6

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: No Playback w blackmagic decklink studio... no drivers on the site?
on Feb 10, 2013 at 5:34:24 am

http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/detail?sid=3945&pid=4012&leg=false&os=mac

Return to posts index

Marcos Horacio
on Feb 10, 2013 at 8:13:18 pm

Hi John,

Thanks for your response. I was expecting to find a "driver" name file. :) Now I understand the "desktop video" seems to be the driver, correct? So I actually have the latest one installed, indeed.

I think my problem has to do with the fact I'm using a NEC PAW231W Monitor with a DisplayPort input. I got a HDMI to DisplayPort cable out of my blackmagic Decklink Studio HDMI out and, doing some research, the image signal of both ends don't match. So that could be the culprit!

I would still appreciate to know for a fact that's the case. So if anyone has some experience with this, or if someone from Blackmagic could clarify the matter I would truly appreciate it!

Thanks,

Marcos H.

Mac Pro
3.33Hhz 6-Core Intel
12GB RAM
FCP Studio 2
AE / PS / AI CS6

Return to posts index

Neil Goodman
on Feb 11, 2013 at 4:20:35 pm

could also be your monitor doesnt support the resolution or frame rate your trying to playback. For example, if your project is 24p, your NEC might not be able to play back at that reso.

Neil Goodman: Editor of New Media Production - NBC/Universal

Return to posts index

Marcos Horacio
on Feb 11, 2013 at 5:40:24 pm

Hi Neil,

I don't think the monitor is the problem. If I have it connected through DVI straight out of my NVidia graphics card, I can watch any clips/sequence at 1080p or whatever frame rate I want.

The problem is between the Blackmagic card and the NEC display.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts though!

Marcos H.

Mac Pro
3.33Hhz 6-Core Intel
12GB RAM
FCP Studio 2
AE / PS / AI CS6

Return to posts index

Marcos Horacio
on Feb 12, 2013 at 8:48:48 pm

So, after speaking with Blackmagic and NEC, the display manufacturer, apparently there's no way to connect a computer (HDMI out) to a monitor using the DisplayPort. According to BlackMagic people, the problem is the different color scope (YUV vs. RGB). But NEC says color scope is not the problem, but the signal itself. Now, I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to convert this signal somehow...

Will keep you posted.

Marcos h.

Mac Pro
3.33Hhz 6-Core Intel
12GB RAM
FCP Studio 2
AE / PS / AI CS6

Return to posts index

Jesse Coane
on Feb 13, 2013 at 1:17:04 am

You'll need something like the HDLINK to hook up a broadcast signal to a computer monitor. Aja makes a similar product.

http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/hdlink/

Jesse

Director / Editor
http://www.jessecoane.com
@jessecoane

Return to posts index

Zack Wilpon
on Apr 19, 2014 at 11:55:04 pm

Hey Marcos, I am having a similar problem. I am trying to go from my iMac to and NEC PA242W display through an Ultrastudio Mini Monitor but every time I connect it it comes up saying either :"no signal" or "HDMI Out of Range". I'm pretty sure it has to do with the signal frequency but I have no idea how to fix it. Did you ever find a fix for this issue. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]