FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVCPRO HD footage through Teranex 2D

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eurie Chung
DVCPRO HD footage through Teranex 2D
on Jan 28, 2013 at 5:19:54 am

I have the following setup to online DVCPRO HD footage to Apple ProRes 4444 1920x1080 23.98fps.

The DVCPRO HD is all in its own Final Cut 7.0.3 timeline with sequence settings native to DVCPRO HD: 960x720, 23.98. On the Finder level, the "Get Info" command says that the codec is DVCPRO HD (720p60).

I am playing out of a Mac Pro with OS 10.6.8 installed with a Kona LHi card patched through the Teranex 2D to be captured on the other end with a Mac Pro with OS 10.6.8 installed with a Kona 3G card. Both the AJA Control Panel and the Teranex 2D have determined that the signal is 720p 59.97i. It is the only setting that the Teranex will recognize with this footage. Every time I capture, there is a sync lag. The edits match for the first few cuts, and then it becomes increasingly out of sync, first one frame off, then a few cuts later 2 frames off, etc. Additionally, the conversion doesn't look as clean as the original footage. There is ghosting and artifacting on shots. A side by side comparison with footage converted with Compressor shows the Teranex to be worse. The sequence that I am playing out of is completely rendered. The footage is on a 4TB drive connected by eSata and is being captured to a 2TB internal storage drive on the capturing Mac Pro.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what is causing these Teranex problems?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]