FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic ATEM TV Studio to Hyperdeck Studio

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Allan Nygren
Blackmagic ATEM TV Studio to Hyperdeck Studio
on Jan 16, 2013 at 4:03:04 pm

Hey Everyone,

We're looking at doing some consistent 3 camera shoots for some series that we are putting together. Since we are in need of a 'director's cut' of footage to base the edits from in post, I was looking at some cost effective methods to achieving this goal.

Here is our current plan for our shoot:

C100s with HDMI into Ninja Atomos recorders (to record each camera's feed in ProRes) then HDMI out of the Ninja to a HDMI to SDI converter (have to take these a fair distance, so don't want to rely on HDMI signals).

From there I was looking to put those feeds into the ATEM TV Studio to make my Director's Cut. I'd then go out of the ATEM TV Studio into the Hyperdeck Studio and record the feed at ProRes.

I'm planning on using the Behringer Ultramatch to bring in the audio and sync it up up.

Does anyone see any holes to this setup?

Thanks!

Allan

Return to posts index

Sareesh Sudhakaran
Re: Blackmagic ATEM TV Studio to Hyperdeck Studio
on Jan 18, 2013 at 4:15:20 am

Why not dump the C100s, use an F3 or C300 instead, and get everything done via SDI?

SDI - Record ProRes - loop through to switcher and monitor for Dailies/Rough Cut.

Why complicate matters? The ability to Genlock could be very handy, too. Does the Director's cut have to be done in real-time?

http://www.wolfcrow.com - Workflow information and support for filmmakers, photographers, audiographers and videographers.

Return to posts index

Allan Nygren
Re: Blackmagic ATEM TV Studio to Hyperdeck Studio
on Jan 18, 2013 at 3:24:03 pm

Thanks for the reply, Sareesh.

The C100s were recommended to me due to their lower rental costs ($375 for 4 days as opposed to $896 for the C300). I agree that it would be much easier and simpler to use the C300. I suppose I can tell the client that we won't have to get the HDMI to SDI converters, so that would save some cash, but not enough to make up the rental differences.

The client wants the director's cut to be done in real time so they have a basis for edits to start the next day.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]