FORUMS: list search recent posts

ATEM Television Studio delays video little by little

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Armen Gasparnian
ATEM Television Studio delays video little by little
on Jan 5, 2013 at 6:47:57 pm

Hi all,
We purchased ATEM Television Studio a couple of months ago and we are using it with two Canon cameras that shoot at 1080i.

It seems that before December 16th we upgraded the software "Blackmagic ATEM Switchers for Windows" from 3.2 to 3.4 (I still have to verify that this is what happened).

What I noticed is that the video track would get out of sync little by little. It starts being noticeable after 10-15minutes of recording and quite unbearable after 50 minutes.

I'm pretty sure it is the video falling behind rather than the audio because I did this on FCP:
* detach the audio track from the video track
* replace the original audio with audio that was recorded separately

RESULTS: I still have the same problem.
This can be fixed by re-timing the video.

The reason of this posting is to warn people (I still have to confirm the root by downgrading) and in case someone has already gone through this pain to let us know if they have more info.

My brother called BM this week and they said to ensure that all cameras have the same settings but the only setting that we could change is going from 60fps to 24fps. We tried recording with only one camera and we would still have the same issue.

We also upgraded to Windows 8 but this was after December 16th when we had our first problem.

Best regards,
Armen

Return to posts index

Armen Gasparnian
Re: ATEM Television Studio delays video little by little
on Jan 8, 2013 at 2:33:45 am

The problem got solved by downgrading to version 3.3.

I called ATEM and asked them to open a ticket about it.

Return to posts index

Paolo Castellano
on Jan 8, 2013 at 10:44:27 pm

Hi Armen,
thanks for sharing this info.
Best Regards,

Paolo
http://www.ivsEdits.com

Return to posts index

Richard chin
on Feb 24, 2013 at 3:44:58 am

I upgraded and now I'm getting that exact problem. I am going to try your solution and downgrade to my original version

Return to posts index

Armen Gasparnian
on Feb 24, 2013 at 3:37:19 pm

Good luck Richard! I hope it helps. You should be able to tell if you are good by recording for 20 minutes (I think the slow down is noticeable after 10 minutes).

On another note, they have released version 3.5.
I won't have time to test if the issue has been solved there (I just sent an email to ATEM to see if they have fixed in that version).
If any of you figure out that version 3.5 is good to use please post in here.

cheers!

Return to posts index

damian capello
on Apr 2, 2013 at 5:59:33 am

Hello,
Did anybody find a if 3.5 fixed the issue?
Also, im going through a Behringer ULTRAMATCH PRO SRC2496, and im getting about a 6 frame delay. Any body else have that issue?
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Candice Reineke
on Apr 3, 2013 at 3:32:26 pm

I had the same issue with ATEM TVS 3.5 of audio gradually going out of sync on long clips. I switched from running it on a Mac to a PC and was able to disable the C-sate and Speedstep in BIOS and so far that has fixed the problem!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]