FORUMS: list search recent posts

ATEM 1 M/E vs 2 M/E and which does what I need.

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Okello Dunkley
ATEM 1 M/E vs 2 M/E and which does what I need.
on Dec 24, 2012 at 5:29:33 am

I've searched all over this forum and the internet for info on both the 1 M/E and the 2 M/E. I was looking at buying the 1 M/E over the TVS since I need PIP. In my videos, I would like to have an inset for other media and closeup shots. The 2 M/E has more options for PIP (number of inputs and sizing) from what I've read, but I haven't been able to find how flexible the single PIP is for the 1 M/E. Can I resize it and move it where I want? Can I have multiple settings where the PIP will appear in different places according to my presets or is it stuck in one place and that's where it stays?

If it stays in the same spot can I at least resize it? I would hate to have to pay 2K more for the 2 M/E just to be able to resize and have the presets. I've looked at videos online trying to glean info or see the PIP in action on either of these but it's really scarce.

Thanks,
Okello

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: ATEM 1 M/E vs 2 M/E and which does what I need.
on Dec 25, 2012 at 3:05:22 pm

both will do this job, but to make it easy, you should buy the Blackmagic Control Panel ($5000) so you can use the joystick to resize and reposition, instead of typing in numbers. All you need is the 1ME with the Control Panel.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Okello Dunkley
on Dec 26, 2012 at 12:26:00 am

Hi Bob, thanks for the reply! I don't mind not having the joystick since I"m not doing anything "live" or high pressure where it needs to be done quickly. The plan is to set up different templates (which is probably not the correct word) where I push a key combo on the computer and I have camera 1 with camera 2 PIP at X size and a different key combo will give me camera 2 with the computer input at Y size, etc. I would maybe have 5 different combos I use consistently. These would all be preset key combos that would not need to change once entered which is why I could tolerate not having the joystick. That is definitely something I could do with the 1 M/E, the preset inputs and respective sizes?

Okello

Return to posts index

Justin Strauber
on Dec 31, 2012 at 8:24:26 pm

The 1 m/e is a single DVE, so you could only do one real 'PIP' at any given time. There are four upstream keyers, so you could have four PIP placements setup and ready to use at any time. If you wanted a fifth, you'd have to enter in all the values each time you wanted to change it. If you use the same positions for the PIP, it's fairly easy to change which input is in the window.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]