FORUMS: list search recent posts

Monitoring solution - Decklink SDI PCIe VS Intensity 3D?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Reinis Traidas
Monitoring solution - Decklink SDI PCIe VS Intensity 3D?
on Dec 17, 2012 at 8:29:11 pm

Hello.

I'm looking to upgrade my color correction workstation in 2013 assuming that Apple release a Thunderbolt equipped Mac Pro then. Since I assume all of my available PCI slots will be taken with things like Nvidia Quadro 4000 and a Red Rocket card, do you think I could then easily avoid buying an expensive PCI expansion chassis in order to add a Decklink SDI card? I mean, the Intensity 3D Thunderbolt box does the same thing right? I'm looking to use a 10-bit 4:4:4 capable grading monitor with Resolve. I am hoping that the Decklink 4K Extreme 3D does exactly the same thing as Ultrastudio 3D (except the 4K part)...

Is my thinking correct here?

Return to posts index

Alex Gerulaitis
Re: Monitoring solution - Decklink SDI PCIe VS Intensity 3D?
on Dec 18, 2012 at 1:31:10 am

[Reinis Traidas] "I am hoping that the Decklink 4K Extreme 3D does exactly the same thing as Ultrastudio 3D (except the 4K part)..."

For the most part, UltraStudio 3D is Decklink Extreme 3D in a Thunderbolt chassis - so I believe it will work exactly the same.

The only caveat is no daisy-chaining with BMD Thunderbolt products - although this may not be an issue as hopefully, the upcoming Mac Pro will have two TB ports, following the current trend.

Alex Gerulaitis
Systems Engineer
DV411 - Los Angeles, CA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]