FORUMS: list search recent posts

Old Problem, New plea for assistance

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Whitney
Old Problem, New plea for assistance
on Nov 30, 2012 at 2:16:57 am

Some time ago, I posted here regarding problems with the installing any of the BlackMagic Desktop Video drivers above version 9.1. At the time I was using CS5.5 on Windows 7 system. When I installed anything newer, Premiere Pro would not have ANY of the Blackmagic presets, nor would video get sent out from the DeckLink Studio card to the HDLink box.

In Media Express, it does. In After Effects CS5.5 it would too. Premiere was the only problem.

I updated to CS6 today and tried the latest 9.6.8 drivers and am having the same problem. This time though, dropping back to the 9.1 drivers ISN'T working either. Neither the Blackmagic Editing Mode.xml is getting installed in Premiere, nor the Blackmagic Design Sequence Presets. Output gets sent to the 2nd monitor in Media Express, but not Premiere Pro nor After Effects now either.

Now, as I've used for years, I've installed to my D: namely "D:ProgramsAdobeCS6...". I'm really hoping that this issue isn't simply caused by NOT having installed to the C:. Frankly, I find that terribly arrogant for software manufactures to require using the root drive in the 21st century. I went around & around with Red Giant about this some months ago and they fixed the problem.

If that ISN'T the problem, then what is?

T'would be really nice to get a reply here from from Tech Support, but if need be I'll jump through the hoops and call up north.

Thanks,

Ma3rk

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
Re: Old Problem, New plea for assistance
on Nov 30, 2012 at 10:15:37 pm

Woo Hoo!

I finally found the answer and resolved this issue. I found it here on Black Magic Designs site forum:

http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2782&p=16341&hilit=P...

... about 1/3 of a page down.

Figured I'd post the info here for posterity in case someone else runs into the same problem. The problem WAS related to installing to a custom location so required manually copying some files from the C:Program Files (x86)Blackmagic DesignBlackmagic Desktop VideoPremiere Support6.0 location where the install process places them.

I find it amazing that this isn't a more common issue. Guess I'm the only one on the planet who doesn't like to install everything onto C:, but so it goes.

M.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]