FORUMS: list search recent posts

How can I check I'm receiving audio in from a DeckLink?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Siobhan Robbie
How can I check I'm receiving audio in from a DeckLink?
on Nov 17, 2012 at 2:28:50 pm

Hi All,

I've started a new job where I am to live stream poker games to the internet - I've bought my kit and it's all working perfectly except I can't tell if I'm receiving any audio via my DeckLink feed.

Here's my set-up:

I have x2 PTZ cameras and x1 static camera.

I also have x3 atmos microphones plus x1 microphone for commentary.

All cameras are being fed into a ATEM TV Studio switcher via SDI.

All audio is being fed into a audio mixer via XLR cables, into a Behringer audio converter to feed into the ATEM TV Studio's AES/EBU port.

Then the program is being fed out via SDI/BNC into a PC that has a DeckLink SDI capture card to receive the input (both audio and visual). The video feed is taken by our RFID poker software where all the relevant graphics are overlayed and then streamed out to our online video player.

I am seeing the video feeds perfectly but I'm really struggling to check if I'm receiving my audio feed via my DeckLink capture card.

I have tested the audio back at the other end before it's sent out to the PC and I can hear audio at all the following places:
- audio mixer
- behringer audio converter
- BlackMagic Media Express (where you can capture your video and audio feed)

So I know the audio is there, I can see the levels, but I want to know if there's any way I can access the DeckLink card and check that it's receiving the audio on the PC?

Please help, I have to demo this to my boss on Tuesday and I'm running out of ideas.

Many thanks!

Siobhan

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: How can I check I'm receiving audio in from a DeckLink?
on Nov 18, 2012 at 4:28:25 pm

Media Express has audio meters. I am confused as to how you are not sure if you are getting audio into the Decklink - Media Express shows you this graphically. And you can also hookup a set of cheap speakers (Behringer MS16 - about 75 bucks) or headphones to your PC to hear the audio.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Siobhan Robbie
Re: How can I check I'm receiving audio in from a DeckLink?
on Nov 18, 2012 at 6:41:06 pm

Hi Bob,

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

Yes I plugged my headphones in to see if I could hear my audio but I've got nothing.

I opened Media Express to monitor it but it wasn't picking anything up - potentially this could be due to me running my RFID software at the same time. I don't think the DeckLink feed can be shared by two programs at the same time.

I'm going to try again tomorrow when the office is open, hopefully if I just test the feed through Media Express on it's own it may shed some light whether it's the feed or just my RFID software.

I shall let you know how it goes. In the meantime, if anyone else has encountered this problem before it would be great to hear from you.

Siobhan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]