FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why can't I get playback or pass-through with the Shuttle 2?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Claude Jones
Why can't I get playback or pass-through with the Shuttle 2?
on Nov 14, 2012 at 8:16:31 pm

I have no idea why, but I can't for the love of God get playback or pass-through to a HDMI monitor from my Hyperdeck Shuttle 2. This is already the second Hyperdeck I try, but nothing! I know you're supposed to press Stop to switch between playback and recording, but I can't get any signal at all out of the HDMI. I have tried different cables and different monitors. I get nothing. One of the monitors gave me some warning saying the signal was out of range. But the other two monitors I tried do nothing. Anybody has any idea? Is it possible that 2 Hyperdeck have defective HDMI ports?

by the way, a little off topic but since Prores support was announced today, is there any advantages over DNxHD if you are on PC? I have been recording to DNxHD.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Adam Claude Jones
Re: Why can't I get playback or pass-through with the Shuttle 2?
on Nov 20, 2012 at 8:58:25 am

Nobody has had this problem? Nobody from Blackmagic cares to reply?

Return to posts index

Chris Pearse
on Nov 21, 2012 at 1:02:49 am

Hi Adam,

Which video format are you recording? The 'out of range' message on the one monitor would suggest that the video format you are recording is not supported on that monitor. It's also quite likely to be the same issue with the other two monitors.

I've seen the same problem with the mid-progressive 1080 formats (1080p24/25/30) many times before. If you are using these I would suggest making sure the monitors support them. These aren't always supported on all monitors. If you need further help, please do contact technical support in your region using the numbers on the page here.

Chris Pearse
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Adam Claude Jones
on Nov 21, 2012 at 8:23:34 am

Hi Chris,

Thanks for finally replying. I'm recording 24psf from a Panasonic AF100.

Funny thing is that the very same monitors work with the AF100 if I plug it directly to the camera's HDMI port. So can it really be the format?

Return to posts index

Adam Claude Jones
on Nov 29, 2012 at 10:56:42 am

The silence from Blackmagic is strange.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]