FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ultrascope problem

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laco Gaal
Ultrascope problem
on Nov 8, 2012 at 10:25:58 am

I'm trying to install the Ultrascope on a Windows machine.
The problem is that at first it doesn't appear anywhere in the Device Manager, even if I scan for new hardware. If I unplug, and reattach the card, then it sees it but has a yellow triangle saying: "the device cannot find enough resources that it can use (code 12)". If I Uninstall the driver, then it works. But if I restart the machine it won't see it at all...

Asus P5B-VM motherboard
Geforce GTX550Ti video card
Windows 7 Ultimate

I know that this is not a problem with the Ultrascope itself, but maybe someone ran in to this problem before...

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Lee Warner
Re: Ultrascope problem
on Nov 8, 2012 at 1:42:46 pm

Just to confirm. You are plugging it into a USB3 port and not a USB2 port?

Lee

SAMDOG Digital Post
Calgary, Alberta
Mac Pro 2.66 12-core 16gb ram • FSI LM1760W Monitor • Matrox MX02 • Caldigit HD One 8tb Raid • Avid Artist Transport • Media Composer 6 • Final Cut Studio 3 • Premiere Pro CS5

• Living my life one frame at a time •

Return to posts index

Laco Gaal
on Nov 8, 2012 at 1:51:05 pm

sorry, I wasn't clear. It's not a pocket ultrascope, it's the PCI-E version.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Nov 9, 2012 at 8:25:04 pm

Specs say it only needs 1 lane pci ...is it possible other devices are stealing all your bus speed?

Glenn

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Nov 9, 2012 at 8:27:27 pm

Laco -
I apologize to you in advance for "attacking" you.
Because I install a lot of Ultrascopes, and a lot of other products, I have learned over the years to stop thinking, and just listen to what the manufacturer says. There has no one other than me that has been more vocal in attacking Blackmagic on specifying NEW HARDWARE that works with the Ultrascope -
with that said -
to build an Ultrascope that will work,you need this -

Operating System
•Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit

Processor
•Intel i7 - 2600K 3.4Ghz
•Intel i7 - 960 3.2Ghz
•Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5 Ghz or better
•Intel i5-750 2.66 Ghz or better
•Intel i7-860 2.8 Ghz or better

Verified Motherboards
•Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3
•Gigabyte G1 Sniper
•Asus P5Q Pro
•Intel DG45ID
•Intel DQ45CB
•Gigabyte GA-EP41-UD3L
•Gigabyte GA-P55-UD5 (rev 1.0)
•DFI Lanparty JR GF9400-T2RS

Verified Systems
•HP xw4600
•HP xw8600
•HP Z400
•HP Z800

RAM
•4 GB

Graphics Card

Blackmagic Ultrascope requires a graphics card that supports OpenGL 2.1 or better. Please see the Graphics Card Requirement Tech note regarding appropriate graphics cards for our products.

For ATI cards Blackmagic Design recommends using driver version 10.2 for best performance.

Screen Resolution
•1920x1200
•1920x1080
•1280x800 (via 2-Up interface)

Blackmagic Ultrascope is not designed for use on systems which have a Blackmagic capture card installed

UltraScope

Blackmagic UltraScope requires a graphics card that supports Open GL 2.1 or better and have a Texture Fill Rate of >22,000 MT/s. The following PCI-Express graphics cards have been internally tested for use with Blackmagic UltraScope:
•nVidia GeForce 9800 GT
•nVidia GeForce GTS 250
•nVidia GeForce GTX 275
•nVidia GeForce GTX 285
•nVidia GeForce GTX 550Ti
•nVidia GeForce GTX 570
•nVidia GeForce GTX 580
•nVidia Quadro FX 4800
•ATI Radeon HD 4650
•ATI Radeon HD 4670
•ATI Radeon HD 4680

Everytime I have to build a new Ultrascope, and I cannot get the EXACT hardware that is specified in the list I have listed below, I am in fear, and I check the RETURN POLICY of the company that I order from, to see if I can return the hardware that I have just ordered, just in case it does not work. I now use a lot of Sony 24" VAIO Touchscreen PC's (like Apple iMacs), but Sony keeps changing the model #'s - and I am always in fear that the USB 3 chipset, or the NVidia Graphics card (which is always a new model) will not work with the Ultrascope. It is very very frustrating. I only tried the VAIO (with the Pocket Ultrascope) because my stupid client just ordered this computer, without asking me (I would never have agreed to it), and by coincidence, it worked (so now I recommend it).

Anyone that builds an Ultrascope without following the EXACT HARDWARE SPEC that Blackmagic lists (even if this list is 1 year old) is on their own. Is Blackmagic crazy - YES THEY ARE. The Ultrascope is a great product, and I have NO IDEA of why Blackmagic refuses to every 2 months list a "qualified list of hardware" that works with the Ultrascope (or just specifies a turnkey system). The HP computers listed by Blackmagic are now all obsolete - so every time I have to build a new system - I worry, that it will not work.

Want to get your Ultrascope to work - get the qualified certified hardware. The Ultrascope is such a great product - I have no idea of what the product manager is thinking at Blackmagic, and why he does not constantly qualify new hardware. He should be flogged in Singapore.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Laco Gaal
on Nov 10, 2012 at 6:53:46 pm

Bob, you weren't attacking me, you were pointing me to the right direction:)

I just wanted to use my "old" pc for the job, but given the list - I've read it already, but somehow missed the motherboards - I'll only change the motherboard to a certified one, everything else should be OK.
I'm using a Samsung touchscreen it works great with the Ultrascope.

Thanks, I'll post as soon as it works!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]