FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 + BMD 9.6.7 + ProRes Alpha channel weirdness

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clark Jackson
FCP 7 + BMD 9.6.7 + ProRes Alpha channel weirdness
on Nov 5, 2012 at 7:06:44 pm

I just upgraded my Decklink driver to 9.6.7 in hopes of resolving the 'Dropped Frame' issue in FCP 7 while playing back ProRes material. While the dropped frames have for the most part stopped (still happens from time to time, but is much more usable), a new problem has popped up when rendering material with an alpha channel.

If the sequence compression is set to ProRes or ProRes(HQ), material with an alpha channel (including FCP generated titles) render out as black. Alpha channel overlays display fine when not rendered, but then become simply black frames for the duration of the effect when rendered.
This does NOT occur when the compression is set to ProRes 4444, and also does not happen when set to 'Uncompressed', or even 'Avid DNxHD'. Also this only seems to happen in HD, SD sequences with Alpha Channel material an using ProRes or ProRes (HQ) seem to render out fine.

System is:
MacPro - Mid 2010 2x2.4 Ghz Quad core (8 total)
20 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5770
OS X 10.8.2 (Mountain Lion)
12 TB of HD internal/external

Previous drivers (before the upgrade to ML and before Decklink 9.6.6) have worked great, but I had to upgrade to ML in order to fix a rendering issue with Resolve.

My long term solution is to dump FCP 7, but my chops aren't quite up to speed on Premiere and Avid still has some AMA issues I'd like to see fixed.
Any advice or similar experiences appreciated.
Thanks!
Clark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]