on Nov 4, 2012 at 3:44:38 am

Running an:

i7-2600k @ 3.4ghz
Intel P67 Motherboard
Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 GPU
8GB DDR3 1333mhz RAM
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 32MB Cache HDD
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 32MB Cache HDD

Anyway, withing the past month or so, I can't seem to nail down a point when it specifically happened, my BMIP would stop capture after about 1-3 minutes of starting and tell me one or more frames were dropped. I'm capturing MJPEG video @720p 59.94fps via HDMI in and out from an Xbox 360 Slim.

It worked perfectly find before say mid-October, I went back to the Desktop Video Drivers from August, I think it was 9.6.1 and even that failed me. I don't have a RAID setup with my drives so I'm forced to use the MJPEG codec for capture via Media Express.

However I can capture raw AVI using Premiere Pro and VirtualDub, Virtual Dub gives me a few audio issues but not too bad, and Premiere Pro doesn't really have any issues, but the MJPEG capture drops frames in premiere and trying to switch to MJPEG in VirtualDub causes Vdub to crash. But I don't really have the system performance as far as memory goes to compress those huge raw AVI files. MJPEG is a little more manageable.

I've contacted Blackmagic and they won't get back to me, my last BMIP had a hardware glitch that caused my computer to BSOD on multiple occasions, so my past with BM is, spotty, to put it mildly, can anyone help?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]