FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Switcher and Audio Sync

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel McFarland
Video Switcher and Audio Sync
on Nov 1, 2012 at 4:31:35 pm

Hi, we're planning on live streaming our church services and currently have a number of consumer HD camcorders can't remember the model but there Panasonic and are around $1000 each for recording and uploading to our YouTube page and producing DVDs. As this isn't live we record a high quality sound recording from the mixer and use Final Cut Pro X's multicam feature to sync the video and the synchronise option to match up the high quality audio and video.

We are thinking of purchasing a Blackmagic ATEM Television Studio to mix the video and apply lower thirds for the stream, however we are wondering how we can input our audio mixer into the Blackmagic ATEM Television Studio to provide the master audio for the stream. This would need to be really accurate to prevent any work needing done in post, i.e. we can just upload the video straight to YouTube after the service. The audio and video will also need to be in sync so we can send it overflow rooms and the like for people who aren't in the main auditorium to see. I've seen this in a few churches, however when the microphone is changed from the fixed mic on the pulpit to a lapel mic the delay in audio and video is up on 2 seconds. We're planning on keeping the cables for the cameras the same length to prevent any delay in the video side of things, but we're wondering how we can take an AUX out of the mixer and input it to the Blackmagic ATEM Television Studio.

Hope this makes sense and if not let me know and I will try to explain myself.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Andreas Wojtaschek
Re: Video Switcher and Audio Sync
on Nov 1, 2012 at 8:58:32 pm

Daniel,

just take the master out of you mixer, feed this into a delay unit (f.e. the DEQ2496 from Berhinger), delay the audio 1 frame (about 33ms if you are working with 30fps) and feed that signal into the ATEM switcher. You will get perfect sync. The lenght of the cables don't matter at all regarding the delay. If you had a cable that would reach from earth to the moon you would only get 1,3 seconds of delay because the signal travels with almost lightspeed through the cable. I bet you have shorter cables ;)

BTW. don't buy the 1ME but rather the Television studio if you can live with 6 video inputs. Because there is a H264 recorder inside the Television studio, that would better fit your needs. Because with that you could record a H264 stream straight to your computer harddisk. After your church service is done you have a H264 file on your hard disk which is ready to be uploaded to Youtube. You don't need to transcode or edit it if you choose the right bitrate.

Cheers

Andreas

--

Entertainment Producer IHK
mindandvision

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]