FORUMS: list search recent posts

New to Blackmagic Design ATEM question

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Wilhelmi
New to Blackmagic Design ATEM question
on Oct 25, 2012 at 10:11:55 pm

Hi,

I am new to Blackmagic Design and will have many questions while I learn. Linearity is not my style so I will be jumping around from model to model and software package to software package asking strange questions.

I am in the process of learning about the ATEM 1 M/E Production Switcher. On the media tab of the control software, I can move stills and clips from the PC to the ATEM media pool. But I found that I can't delete items from the media pool. I can only replace what is there.

Is there a way to delete those items? Is the media pool accessible via ftp? If I replace a large clip with a small one, is the other portions of the clip I just replaced still there?

The sample media clip that I downloaded along with the software is 630MB in size. How large of a clip can I use?

Thanks

John Wilhelmi
Wilhelmi AV Solutions
Integration for worship

Return to posts index

Justin Strauber
Re: New to Blackmagic Design ATEM question
on Oct 26, 2012 at 2:50:51 pm

If you really want to delete stuff in the media pool, reboot the switcher. That's the only way that I know. Replacing any of the slots in the media pool does wipe what was in there previously, however.

The 1 M/E has 180 frames of motion it can store, no more. I've put pretty large TGA sequences in there so I don't know what the exact memory size is, but probably just enough to store 180 frames of Alpha'd TGA images.

Return to posts index

John Wilhelmi
on Oct 26, 2012 at 5:16:10 pm

I don't like the idea of telling my client that he will have to power down his production switcher if something boggs it down. Is there a method from the SDK that can be used?

Thanks

John Wilhelmi
Wilhelmi AV Solutions
Integration for worship

Return to posts index

Justin Strauber
on Oct 26, 2012 at 6:01:54 pm

I have no idea if the SDK can do it, but I think you're chasing a non-existent problem. When you overwrite the media in the media pool, it doesn't keep any 'extra' frames if you don't overwrite them, it erases that part of the pool and overwrites it.

Return to posts index

John Wilhelmi
on Oct 30, 2012 at 5:32:20 pm

Thanks

John Wilhelmi
Wilhelmi AV Solutions
Integration for worship

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
on Oct 31, 2012 at 5:50:49 pm

Powering down seems like a pretty kludgy answer, especially with no power switch and a captive power connector.

I would just overwrite the unwanted frames with a black frame and get on with it. Name it "EMPTY" to help identify that is represents "nothingness".

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]