FORUMS: list search recent posts

Teranex 2D Processor - Power Cable or Breakout Audio Cable Included?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jessica Muth
Teranex 2D Processor - Power Cable or Breakout Audio Cable Included?
on Oct 24, 2012 at 2:26:31 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a client that pre-ordered a Teranex 2D awhile ago and it was just delivered this week. They stated that they did not receive a power cable or an audio breakout medusa cable in the box. Has anyone else run into this? I can't seem to find anything on any site that sells the unit that lists that these items are included. For example:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/857465-REG/Blackmagic_Design_TERANEX2...

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

Jessica Muth
jmuth01@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Jonathon Lee
Re: Teranex 2D Processor - Power Cable or Breakout Audio Cable Included?
on Oct 24, 2012 at 4:15:20 pm

I just ordered one of these yesterday. I'm suprised about the power cable, however, typically the audio break out cables are not shipped with most products. Even with the high end audio systems like Avid Pro Tools the interfaces do not ship with the break out cables.

Fortunately BMD used a semi-standard break out pattern for audio i/o. You can google Yamaha AES breakout cable. These have a DB-25 on one end and 8 XLR connectors on them.... 4-male, 4-female.... this is for AES/EBU digital audio.

For analogue it will be a bit trickier. They still used the Yamaha format, however, it is a 4-in 4-out config on a single connector... the standard cables are usually 8-in OR 8-out per cable. The DB-25 breakouts for analogue are usually ALL in or ALL out. You may need to get a DB-25 to 1/4" balanced breakout or use gender changers on some of the connectors. Otherwise you may need a custom made cable -- which is what most facilities do when using this type of equipment. I know that may sound irking... but, often facilities will have an in house engineer wire the unit directly into a patch bay and router.

If you need more help message me directly and I'll connect you with Rich, my sales guy at GC Pro.

best,

Jonathon

Return to posts index

Jessica Muth
on Oct 24, 2012 at 7:32:52 pm

Hi Jon,

I appreciate the response. I have contacted some others who just recently received theirs to verify this. When do you expect to receive your's? When you do, can you let me know if you received a power cable in your's?

Thank you again.

Jessica Muth
jmuth01@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Paul Provost
on Oct 27, 2012 at 3:07:36 am

No power cable. No room for cable in packaging.
Kinda weird but I guess I can understand, it used to be such a high end unit, probably was installed in racks by system integrators who chose which power source to use.
Or they just forgot to leave space when they designed the packaging.
Luckily I've got a box with about 30 ac cables in it.

http://www.4Kfinish.com | owner-colorist | Hollywood, CA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]