FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cannot get Hyperdeck to to recognise exfat file system

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Adamson
Cannot get Hyperdeck to to recognise exfat file system
on Oct 19, 2012 at 9:13:07 pm

Hello
I have updated the Hyperdeck firmware to 3.5 and run the update onto the device.

I then formatted my SSD disk to from HFS (using macdrive) to exfat (128Kb) on Windows 7 using a connectland USB 3 docking station.

All appears fine and the drive is available and accessible and is marked as healthy and clean by the Windows disk manager
I can copy files to it and read it and it operates normally as a computer drive

BUT

The Hyperdeck wont recognise it at all - as soon as the disk is inserted the SSD light goes red and stays red.
No matter how many times I format it.

I have even reverted back to the Hyperdeck 3.0 application - run the firmware update back to this version and then re-installed 3.5 and updated the firmware again to 3.5- still not luck

Running out of ideas anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Neil

Neil
Effective Video
http://www.effectivevideo.co.za

Return to posts index

Bo Skelmose
Re: Cannot get Hyperdeck to to recognise exfat file system
on Oct 19, 2012 at 9:53:59 pm

Hi -
Try to delete all patitions in macdrive and then make the partition in controlpanel/administration/diskmaneger and format as ExFat in win7 - it worked for me....

Return to posts index

Neil Adamson
Re: Cannot get Hyperdeck to to recognise exfat file system
on Oct 20, 2012 at 7:29:37 am

Hello

Just to close this thread

The fault was entirely due to a user ID-10-T error - everything was working fine from the beginning - but I seemed to think that previously with HFS disks the green SSD light on the shuttle remained green once the SSD was inserted and did not go off once it established that the disk was okay.

So when this happened with exFAT I thought it was a problem.

Somehow during all the testing and trial and error stuff that I did - I must have created an MBR partition and then the device started to show red on the SSD indicator.

Only after reverting to an HFS and seeing that the SSD light went off with this format drive inserted as well did I actually think to test the shuttle by recording some footage - Damn - it worked

I went back to ExFat and with the correct GUID partition the SS indicator light on the shuttle went on and off as well but video recorded correctly.

What a waste of a few hours - brings to mind that one should always RTFM!!!

Thanks

Neil
Effective Video
http://www.effectivevideo.co.za

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]