FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink HD Extreme 2 card and Premiere CS 6

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Koen Vanbaelenberghe
Decklink HD Extreme 2 card and Premiere CS 6
on Oct 8, 2012 at 1:38:01 pm

Hi,

has anyone been able to output any video through a Decklink HD Extreme 2 card, using Premiere CS 6?

I am working on a Macpro with OS 10.7.5 and have already tried all the available drivers ( 8.x.x to 9.6.4) from the Blackmagic website. Nothing seems to work!

When I google this problem i discover many people with this issue but no solutions...

Anyone? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Bo Skelmose
Re: Decklink HD Extreme 2 card and Premiere CS 6
on Oct 16, 2012 at 9:24:01 am

Hi
I use this combination - but at a PC and it works fine.

Return to posts index

Koen Vanbaelenberghe
on Oct 16, 2012 at 9:28:45 am

Hi Bo,

what driver version do you use? Thx!

Return to posts index

Bo Skelmose
on Oct 16, 2012 at 11:24:23 am

Hmm - downloaded the newest driver yesterday - I will check the version later today.

Return to posts index

David Becerra
on Oct 17, 2012 at 10:06:23 pm

Hey, I just ran into this issue myself and managed to resolve it. I also posted this resolution in another thread but in case you don't see it...here's how I solved it.

Most of the work was done by Alex Rivera over in the other thread by contacting BMD Tech Support and finding a Windows fix...I just converted it to Mac.

(p.s. I'm using a Decklink HD Extreme 3D, but I figure it'll work the same for you with the 2)

Go to:

Macintosh HD / Library / Application Support / Adobe / Common / Plug-ins / CS6 / MediaCore

...Then also open this folder...

Macintosh HD / Library / Application Support / Blackmagic Design / Blackmagic DeckLink / CS6

Take the 5 files in the Blackmagic folder:

DeckLinkDevice.bundle
DeckLinkFileImport.bundle
DeckLinkImportExport.plugin
DeckLinkRecord.bundle
DeckLinkTransmit.bundle

And copy those to your open CS6 / MediaCore folder.

Once you have those 5 files in the MediaCore folder, launch Premiere.

After Premiere launches, go to your Playback preferences and checkmark Blackmagic Playback.

**If your system config was anything like mine, your monitor will probably blank out now and say "signal lost" or similar error....don't panic.

At this point, make sure you have an image to display on your monitor and go to System Preferences and then to Blackmagic Design.

Once there, switch Set output: from SDI & HDMI & Component to SDI & HDMI & Composite (Y Out). You should see your screen come on and looking pretty nasty.

Now cycle back to the original SDI & HDMI & Component and boom. You should be up and running.

Hopefully soon we can get an official fix from Adobe on this.

*UPDATE*

Sorry, false hope. This method works simply for SD. Once I tried some HD content, the card shut down output to the monitor. I'm running only component cables from my Blackmagic card. I'd like to know from someone running HDMI if it's working for them. I'll do some more testing tomorrow...

Return to posts index

Koen Vanbaelenberghe
on Oct 19, 2012 at 1:34:44 pm

IT WORKS!

First of all, thank you everyone!

For all the people with a Blackmagic HD Extreme 2 card and CS6, this solution works for SD and HD (i have tested it with XDCAM HD422 50i)

B.t.w: I am using the 9.5.2 driver version on an OSX 10.7.5 system.

Good luck!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]