FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hyperdeck Shuttle feature request

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dermot shane
Hyperdeck Shuttle feature request
on Oct 7, 2012 at 3:16:46 am

It would be very useful ot be able to control the shuttle from either a iPhone or Android, currently switching between DNx and uncompressed means unscrewing it from the camera, taking it off the cables and then hump it over to the DiT Station, plug it in, click a button, take back to camera, screw back down, and connect the cables

All AC's have either an iPhone or an Android, it could be so fast and easy if it could be changed when on the camera, and no... taking the DiT station apart to get his laptop over to the camera is a non starter ;-)

d

Return to posts index

Gunter Puszkar
Re: Hyperdeck Shuttle feature request
on Oct 8, 2012 at 10:29:20 am

You are asking BMD for FEATURES? Be happy with the unused buttons eg. "SET" and "DISP", which will never come to live...
I could be more easy than you think...

I have thrown my Shuttles away and use them as SDI to HDMI converter, so cheep.

Put your money into professional gear, not toys...

We all had asked BMD a year ago for similar features.
I guess the HyperDeck series is dead.
It turns out, that the selling strategy is "promise-based" ... "It could be a future feature" Which means. "take it or leave it..."
The reason is clear: There is no lower end competition, I mean AJA has all the stuff for a bit more nuts...

Bye bye Shuttle...

Gunter Puszkar
Head of Postproduction
PostFactory GmbH
Berlin, Germany

Return to posts index

Paolo Castellano
on Oct 9, 2012 at 6:09:11 pm

Hi Dermot,
it would be nice, but the Hyperdeck Shuttle doesn't have Wi-Fi. If we could remote it through a wireless app (like the one for the Gopro)...
but I think we have to wait for the Hyperdeck Shuttle 3!

Gunter, current models are getting slow but important developments. The new software added the ExFat file system support and last year the DNxHD. It is not all we may need, but enought to use them!

Best Regards,

Paolo.Castellano@ivs.it
http://www.ivsEdits.com
-----------------------
"Post Fata Resurgo"

Return to posts index

Gunter Puszkar
on Oct 9, 2012 at 9:00:10 pm

I just remember, how quietly BMD shipped the 2nd Generation of the Shuttle. My 1st Gen. Shuttle is now a paperweight. I DID NOT GOT ANY apologize from BMD nor I could returned it for new one.
The first gen cannot use DNxHD or ProRes....

It could not record timecode as advertised until v2...

So don't get me wrong: I am happy with many BMD devices like the broadcast videohub, the ultrascope or decklink sdi. I use them day by day.

Cheers.

Gunter Puszkar
Head of Postproduction
PostFactory GmbH
Berlin, Germany

Return to posts index

dermot shane
on Oct 11, 2012 at 4:08:31 pm

it would be nice, but the Hyperdeck Shuttle doesn't have Wi-Fi. If we could remote it through a wireless app (like the one for the Gopro)...
but I think we have to wait for the Hyperdeck Shuttle 3!

Yes, i was thinking more about using the Android/iOS device attached through USB... so a port to Android OS for the software is the request

At the price i'll craigslist my two ShuttleV2's and just buy V3 when it appears.. seems a small price to pay for developing features that i can use

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]