FORUMS: list search recent posts

Black Magic HDMI to SDI mini-converter

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Pina
Black Magic HDMI to SDI mini-converter
on Sep 28, 2012 at 8:08:12 pm

Just got off the phone with BM support and they confirmed, that for some reason the support tech can't explain, their HDMI to SDI mini-converters will not receive a signal from an HDMI splitter. Have HDMI camera outputs to SDI converters for input to Tricaster 850 Extreme. Wanted to split HDMI signal to source HD iso camera monitors with HDMI inputs. I wonder if this is a design flaw or intentional as his only suggestion was to buy another set of SDI to HDMI converters for each monitor. Can't wait until our new SONY studio camera packages arrive later this year with SDI out. For now, our analog to HD conversion for live webcasting is on the cheap and works great without the splitter. I'll probably just run the analog video signal out of the three cameras into the monitors to isolate them for the Director in the control room.

Return to posts index

Shaun Roemich
Re: Black Magic HDMI to SDI mini-converter
on Sep 29, 2012 at 2:02:31 pm

Are you talking about a passive hdmi splitter like the dslr folks use to monitor on camera and in video village or a powered hdmi distribution amp?

I wouldn't expect a passive device to work either in your application but a powered DA not working would seem weird to me.

Big Dog - Technical Director - Switcher
Road Dog Media - Vancouver, BC Canada
roaddogmedia@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Kevin Pina
on Sep 29, 2012 at 8:10:36 pm

We've tried both to no avail. Have you had any success with a particular product?

Return to posts index

Kevin Pina
on Oct 18, 2012 at 11:02:12 am

Shaun,

I take it back and you were right. It was a question of finding the right powered DA. We did and it works wonderfully. Thanks for the encouragement as it kept me looking for a solution.

Best,

kp

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]