FORUMS: list search recent posts

PAL or NTSC?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Roughan
PAL or NTSC?
on Sep 19, 2012 at 3:42:16 pm

I have an Intensity Pro card installed for external monitoring from AE and Premiere. I think the card is sending the signal out as NTSC, at least thats what the monitor is telling me. How do I change the output of the card to PAL?
Thanks in advance...
Simon

A picture is only as good as the glass it comes through. And the person using the camera has something to do with it too.

Return to posts index

Chris Pearse
Re: PAL or NTSC?
on Sep 20, 2012 at 1:58:00 am

Hi Simon,

The output format will depend on the software, and in some instances the media you are playing.

In After Effects you can change the format you're outputting by going to Preferences->Video Preview, where you should have a dropdown box with all the supported video output formats for the Intensity Pro.

In Premiere Pro it's a little different. The output format is dependent on the sequence setting. So when you create a new sequence, you will want to choose a sequence in the video format you want to work with, and the Intensity Pro's output will follow this. However if you use material that does not match the timeline format, Premiere will need to render the material into the timeline's format.

If you were to use our Media Express application on the other hand, the output format will always be determined by the source material. If the video file is PAL it will output as PAL.

Chris Pearse
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]