FORUMS: list search recent posts

audio clicks during playback

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jaap Verdenius
audio clicks during playback
on Sep 17, 2012 at 6:59:52 pm

I hear audio clicks during playback in FCP - after I moved to another place in the timeline.
I don't hear them when I use other outputs, so I guess it must be a Decklink issue.
What could be the cause?

OS 10.7.4
FCP 7.0.3
MacPro Mid2010 Dual Quad 16GB
latest BM drivers

Return to posts index

Chris Pearse
Re: audio clicks during playback
on Sep 18, 2012 at 4:46:24 am

Hi Jaap,

I haven't come across any problems like this with Final Cut Pro before. I would suggest trying with different footage and settings and see if the problem remains. If it does, it would be worth checking if reverting to older drivers makes any difference.

If you're then still seeing the same problems please contact support since they will be better able to to try and reproduce the issue and suggest what could be causing the problem. You can contact support using the numbers on the page here, or using the support request form on the product's support page.

Chris Pearse
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Jaap Verdenius
on Sep 18, 2012 at 2:29:02 pm

Hi Chris,

I changed to another system disk (an HD instead of an SSD) and now the problem vanished, so that makes it not a Decklink issue, unless there is a reason why the Decklink would behave differently with a SSD instead of a HD.
Could a SSD be too fast for some action related to AV output?
(OK, I know this sounds ridiculous but... well, you never know)

Thanks,

Jaap

Return to posts index

Andreas Wojtaschek
on Sep 18, 2012 at 8:01:09 pm

A SSD can be so fast that it blocks the whole cpu bus capacity of your machine. That could cause some problems when the decklink card requests some packets over that bus.

Cheers

Andreas

--

Entertainment Producer IHK
mindandvision

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]