FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hyperdeck Shuttle 2 and premiere.

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bo Skelmose
Hyperdeck Shuttle 2 and premiere.
on Sep 14, 2012 at 7:17:08 am

Why cant premiere CS5 understand the MOV files from my shuttle when both VLC and quicktime player can show the video? I would love the shuttle to make some files I could use in premiere - they claim it is compatible with premiere - is it just in a mac enviroment?

Return to posts index

Andreas Wojtaschek
Re: Hyperdeck Shuttle 2 and premiere.
on Sep 15, 2012 at 10:13:55 pm

Unfortunately you didn't specify what kind of .mov files you are recording. You can record uncompressed .mov files, DNxHD .mov files and ProRes .mov files.

For DNxHD you need the latest Avid LE codecs installed on your system. You can get them free from the Avid homepage.

For ProRes support you need the latest Quicktime version installed on your system.

For uncompressed you need the BlackMagic uncompressed codecs to be installed on your system.

Cheers

Andreas

--

Entertainment Producer IHK
mindandvision

Return to posts index

Bo Skelmose
on Sep 17, 2012 at 8:06:08 am

Hi
I use the DNxHD Mov files - compressed files ending with .mov.
Premiere cannot understand them - not even with the latest driver AVID LE 2.3.7 package. The shuttle can still only be used with the enormous uncompressed files. There is no prores on the Hyperdeck shuttle 2 !
Only solution is to buy another codec converter like "Calibrated MXF Import" and use it with the DNxHD.MXF files. Why dont BM make it compatible with premiere?

Return to posts index

Andreas Wojtaschek
on Sep 17, 2012 at 9:48:36 am

Hi Bo,

I didn't see that you use the Shuttle because you didn't mentioned it in your text. But you are right there is only DNxHD in the Shuttle 2.

Please check if you can EXPORT DNxHD .mov files in Premiere. If that is not possible, then Premiere doesn't see the Avid codecs.

Although I'm on CS6 I had no issues with the DNxHD files in my CS5 setup. There must be something wrong with your configuration or the Shuttle creates some other sort of DNxHD files than the Studio (which I have).

Cheers

Andreas

--

Entertainment Producer IHK
mindandvision

Return to posts index

Jay Bloomfield
on Sep 17, 2012 at 5:46:37 pm

Before I get into great detail, the thread originator should probably use the forum's search command, because this issue has been discussed before. The problem with the Shuttle 2 DNxHD MOV files, is that they are created with 16 audio tracks by default. Premiere CS5 could only be made to read these files by turning off the option to import audio. the CS 5.5 version with the most recent patches can read the files, as can the CS 6 version (at least for me). Of course, the DNxHD files in an MXF wrapper are totally unuseable in Premiere.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]