FORUMS: list search recent posts

ATEM Television Studio Setup

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Peacock
ATEM Television Studio Setup
on Sep 8, 2012 at 6:32:56 pm

Hello. I am a novice trying to learn. When purchasing the equipment I chose, I thought I did enough research and asked all the questions I could think of. Everything looked good on paper, but I still expected roadblocks. I've encountered one early in the game and hoping someone can help.

My setup includes an ATEM Television Studio. I have two sources, a Panasonic HMC150 and a PC. I followed the manual's setup instructions but am receiving no signal from either source. In the very least, I expected the camera to show up. According to its manual, HDMI outputs 1080i60. So that should immediately show up on the Studio, right? I have the settings tab to be the default 1080i5994. I've read a couple other forums where owners of this camera are using it with the Studio so it must work somehow. I do have control of the software via ethernet cable; just don't see my camera.

Second source: PC. I figured I'd have issues with this one. I bought a VGA to HDMI converter. Probably not the way to go, in hindsight. I will not be able to change my monitor's resolution (that is going to the switcher) to 1920x1080. Because I'm also outputting to a projector, I have to leave it at 1024x768. So if I understand correctly, the Studio cannot accept that signal via HDMI. Correct? Would some kind of analog to SDI converter do the trick? If so, what specific product recommendation?

I appreciate anyone's help with my two issues.

Return to posts index

Joseph Demme
Re: ATEM Television Studio Setup
on Sep 14, 2012 at 3:17:17 pm

I would also like to hear an answer to this question. I have 2x HMC 150's, and was considering the ATEM Television Studio ($1,000).

Ben, do you think the issue might be the AVCHD format? What are your camera settings like?

Return to posts index

Ben Peacock
Re: ATEM Television Studio Setup
on Sep 14, 2012 at 4:28:41 pm

Hey, Joseph. I actually got my issues straightened out with some help in the Blackmagic forums. The issue with the camera was just stupidity on my part. In the software control, there is a settings tab where you set your resolution and framerate. There is also a layout section for all your inputs. I thought the video was supposed to show up there, but that screen is nothing more than an option to adjust your layout. When we plugged in a different monitor for program/preview out, the video was right there. So it was really working all along. I felt pretty stupid.

I did change the camera to send out 720p60 and matched that in the TVS software, in order to reduce the load on our network. Works just fine.

As for the PC, we are purchasing a scaler. It's not in yet, but I anticipate that fixing our computer input issue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]