FORUMS: list search recent posts

SDI to HDMI mini converter blackmagicdesign no output

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
liviu mihai
SDI to HDMI mini converter blackmagicdesign no output
on Sep 7, 2012 at 10:16:21 am

Hi guys, hope you can help with this. I would much appreciate any advice.

I have a situation with a brand new SDI to HDMI mini converter and have no output on HDMI.

Ive downloaded the software but no luck. Video and output settings are greyed out. I can only modify audio..

Had firmware update but still no luck,

Any ideea?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Joel Hufford
Re: SDI to HDMI mini converter blackmagicdesign no output
on Sep 8, 2012 at 2:35:35 am

Hi!

How long is the SDI run from the source to the converter and what kind of cable are you using?

In my experience, I've found that the software control panels for these mini converters don't do much for you in the way of troubleshooting... the signal is either there or it isn't. Same with the dip switches on the side of the converter. They're entirely related to the way the processor handles audio, not video signals.

So I'm not sure if you're experiencing the same thing here, but I've run into some issues with the BMD SDI>>HDMI converter that was actually the fault of the monitor it was being plugged into. Some monitors are flexible and will display resolutions with both whole and fractional refresh rates (60Hz and 59.94Hz) Others are more picky and when they receive a fractional refresh rate, like one you would expect to find in an SDI based signal, they won't display an image.

Is there another monitor you can test the converter on?

joel
Corporate and Special Event Staging Services
http://www.pacificstaging.com

Return to posts index

liviu mihai
Re: SDI to HDMI mini converter blackmagicdesign no output
on Sep 9, 2012 at 11:49:16 am

Hi Joel,

thank you very much for a comprehensive and quick response. Looked like it was "user fault" and by that meaning me. I was using the wrong sdi output from the playout server "playbox". After I figured out this everything was ok.

Thank you again and have a nice day!

Owe you a beer when you ever come to Romania :P

Liviu

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]