FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic HDlink - RAM

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pieter Smet
Blackmagic HDlink - RAM
on Aug 29, 2012 at 11:00:52 am

Hello,

I had a small problem with my macpro today. He didn't startup because of bad ram. So I took 1 dimm out.
After doing that, the computer did his job.
But now I have a video problem.

I have a Blackmagic HDlink connected to the Mac, and an Eizo monitor connected to the HDlink. When I open FCP now I get a really bad image, like some kind of negative, with lots of colors.

Is this due to the ram issue?

Return to posts index

Chris Pearse
Re: Blackmagic HDlink - RAM
on Aug 30, 2012 at 7:55:23 am

Hi Pieter,

I think it's unlikely to be a problem with the RAM. Is this an HDLink connected between the Eizo monitor and a DeckLink card?

The description of it as negative makes me think it could be a dual-link SDI problem. Maybe if you were using dual-link SDI it might be only displaying one channel. In which case, please check both SDI cables.

If you are not using dual-link, maybe the output from your Mac is set to dual link. If you have a DeckLink card for example you can disable dual-link in the Blackmagic section of System Preferences. If using FCP7 Please check the settings under View->Video Playback. If it's set to an RGB codec, try changing it to YUV.

If using an HDLink will also have Lookup Tables which you can apply to it's outputs to change it's look. I would suggest connecting the HDLink to a computer by USB, and launch the HDLink Utility, and press the 'reset unity' button. This should clear any possible bad colour settings.

If you still have problems I would suggest contacting support to troubleshoot the issue further.

Chris Pearse
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Sean Donnelly
Re: Blackmagic HDlink - RAM
on Sep 10, 2012 at 12:22:11 pm

I've seen this with several of my HDLink boxes. As Chris suggested all you have to do is load the utility and make an adjustment (resetting works well).

-Sean Donnelly
Local 600, DP/Colorist

-Sean Donnelly
Digital Supervisor, SFI

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]