FORUMS: list search recent posts

10 Bit color output not very 10 Bit...

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jos Wabeke
10 Bit color output not very 10 Bit...
on Aug 27, 2012 at 12:40:45 pm

Hi guys,

I'm running a snow leopard mac with Blackmagic Extreme 3d+, aja hdp2 and hp dreamcolor monitor.
My problem is i don't get 10 bit color output when running ae, nuke or resolve.
I does work when i run fcp7 in 10 bit and render the timeline so there's nothing wrong with the hardware/settings.

What's wrong!? I know it used to work! Why does fcp7 function and all other program don't?

My guess is it's a driver thing, fcp7 calling a different set of drivers?

Just so you know, i have bought the kit to get 10-bit colors for composits an grades so it works fine in the one (discontiunued) program i don't really need it to work with :-(

Please help!!! I've contacted the store i bought this kit from and they experience the same problems.

Thanks!

p.s. could it be because of the many many blackmagic firmware upgrades?

p.p.s. i'll try on windows too, narrow down the problem.

Return to posts index

Andreas Wojtaschek
Re: 10 Bit color output not very 10 Bit...
on Aug 29, 2012 at 7:49:46 pm

Didi you set your Comp in AE to 16 Bit?

If you didn't then all AE sends to an output card is 8 Bit.

--

Entertainment Producer IHK
mindandvision

Return to posts index

Jos Wabeke
Re: 10 Bit color output not very 10 Bit...
on Aug 30, 2012 at 7:04:38 am

Hi Andreas,

Yes i have. My comp is set to 16 bit, tried 32 bit too for the sakes of it, just won't work. The output settings of ae are correct too. (10bit 1080i and all) The same problem exists in Nuke and Resolve. My guess something went wrong with the drivers, these programs call the same set of instructions. FCP7 probably does not.

To give a clear picture:
I run a Mac Pro Nehalem, 8 core, snow leopard/windows7, with a geforce gt120 and a (dedicated) geforce gtx256. My blackmagic card is connected with the aja hdp2 via sdi and that's connected via hdmi to my dreamcolor display.

Again, the store that sold me the kit experiences the exact same problems on a different (but very similar) set. Thankfully they are very helpful but have been unable to streighten this out. Also when i just got the kit it did work (and i was very happy), so i almost certainly know it must be some change in software/drivers/things along the line.

Cheers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]