FORUMS: list search recent posts

Middle School Teacher looking for assistance with ATEM TVS!!!

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Spano
Middle School Teacher looking for assistance with ATEM TVS!!!
on Aug 26, 2012 at 3:32:10 pm

OK I won't go into all the long drawn out specifics. To be short, I took on the challenge of starting a Film/TV production coarse at the Middle School (8th grade) level. The Film class has been going well the past 2 years and we are looking at getting our morning announcements going via the studio in the back of the room. Things were purchased for the program by someone that has no knowledge of the field and I am coming in to play catch up. See below of what equipment I salvaged to use and what I am thinking of getting. Please keep in mind I am on a smaller than needed budget and I am looking at products that would pull double duty for the studio production AND Film parts of this program.

1. Audio
a. Peavey V-8 Analogue audio mixer (L/R 1/4 inch jack Main Outputs)
b. 2x Audio Technica table top "wafer" microphones
c. Various wired/wireless handhelds

2. Video
a. I have a bunch of new Canon consumer HD Cameras with HDMI or Composite Output
b. I want to get - 2x Canon AX10 for use in the studio as well as for my film class.
c. Macbook pros for lower thirds and green screen backgrounds (I'm thinking digital studio)

3. Recording/Video Switching (THIS IS WHERE I REALLY NEED THE HELP)
a. I want to get the BMD ATEM TVS because of the simplicity and user interface via laptop screen
b. Behringer SRC2496 for analogue to AES/EBU ( I will need 1/4 inch to xlr to use the mixer I have)
c. Digital xlr to BMI impedance converter (110 to 75 I believe)
d. Obviously a digital AES/EBU xlr cable

I'm hoping this is what I would need to be able to get the audio in to the TVS so that I can record the compressed output into a laptop to then be uploaded to our school's media server as well as played back through the schools closed network TV system in the mornings.

Any help would be awesome! Thanks

Return to posts index

Michael Spano
Re: Middle School Teacher looking for assistance with ATEM TVS!!!
on Aug 26, 2012 at 4:36:09 pm

Also, as an aside...

I understand or can not find on Behringer's website whether or not the SRC2496 has built in audio delay control. Does it? If it doesn't is it correct to say that I can simply take the Behringer Shark and put it in between the output of the mixer to the input on the SRC2496?

Essentially delaying the audio before it gets to the processor which would then convert it to an digital signal that can be plugged into the TV Studio.

Is the delay crazy or am I just being a little crazy about it? It is only 3 or 4 audio inputs from the mixer.

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
on Aug 27, 2012 at 5:34:27 pm

The Behringer SRC2496 does NOT include audio delay. And the Behringer Shark DSP110 does NOT include digital output. However the Behringer Ultracurve Pro DEQ2496 includes both adjustable delay AND digital output which is reportedly compatible with the BMD TVS digital audio input.

Return to posts index

Michael Spano
on Sep 2, 2012 at 5:10:53 pm

I noticed the the DEQ2496 does not have an RCA AES output (Just an Optical/XLR). Did you just use an XLR to BNC cable to connect the unit the the TV Studio? I'm just wondering because other posts said that the XLR AES Output on the SRC2496 was a different frequency than what the TV Studio takes in and they needed a converter. Just want to make sure I get everything I need in one pass. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]