FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink Extreme 3D not being recognized.

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Turners
Decklink Extreme 3D not being recognized.
on Aug 26, 2012 at 7:44:23 am

I just swapped out a RAID controller for another RAID controller in my mac pro.

Once I turned on the MacPro I noticed the cord to the fan on the decklink card was rubbing against the blades of the fan causing a buzzing noise. I immediately turned the macpro off and sorted the issue out.

I turned the mac pro back on and the DeckLink card is not being recognized. (confirmed by looking in the system profiler)

Did the card burn out during those moments the cord was touching the fan? How can I confirm whats going on?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Rick Turners
Re: Decklink Extreme 3D not being recognized.
on Aug 26, 2012 at 8:54:45 pm

Ok,
I've tried other cards in that same slot, they all work.. the fan on the card still works when plugged into the system though?

Is there a way to confirm the card is fried?

Return to posts index

Sarah Jones
Re: Decklink Extreme 3D not being recognized.
on Aug 31, 2012 at 7:25:06 pm

Hi Rick,

It would be rare, but it is possible that something occurred when the components were rubbing against one another. To confirm if there is an issue with the card, please try first reseating the card in its slot. Then try moving the card to another slot if possible. As a last test, if at all possible, try the card in a second system as a control test. If you are still having difficulties, please contact your nearest support office directly for assistance.

Regards,

Sarah
Support Representative
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]