FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pocket Ultrascope question

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug Farris
Pocket Ultrascope question
on Aug 24, 2012 at 6:04:01 pm

Hi All,

So I know that the BMD Pocket Ultrascope is not technically supported on a laptop. I've talked to BMD, read the faq, checked the cow and found a bunch of different thoughts. I am trying to find a laptop that will run the pocket ultrascope. Has anyone ever had any luck with a current gen laptop that can be bought new today? I know the old HP Envy first gen 15" worked... but since then?

Called BMD.

BMD says: not supported, but the UltraStudio Pro and Intensity Shuttle are supported on the MSI GE620 and that should work with Pocket Ultrascope... anyone actually had this be the case?

If no one has a suggestion for a notebook. Any suggestions for a already built desktop?

FYI: I am trying to put this into a flyspeck instead of spending 5k on a Lv 5330 or similar as I'd like the PC to run the scopes on one screen and act as a interface for a 16x16 BMD router.

Appreciate your time/thoughts guys!

Return to posts index

Neil Thompson
Re: Pocket Ultrascope question
on Aug 25, 2012 at 11:38:05 am

I tried the GE620 and it didn't work. I've been looking for a laptop that will work for well over a year now, and despite several prompt and polite replies from BMD support explaining that they're testing various models they have never actually come up with anything.
If anyone else has practical experience of getting a laptop to work, I too would be grateful if you'd post the exact model number.

In the meantime, I bought a Datavideo VS100, which is excellent value, and works.

Return to posts index

Bill Ravens
on Aug 25, 2012 at 8:52:12 pm

Hello,
My BMD Pocket Ultrascope works perfectly on my Lenovo W320-4276.

Return to posts index

Doug Farris
on Aug 27, 2012 at 5:35:24 am

Did you mean the Lenevo 520?

Return to posts index

Bill Ravens
on Aug 27, 2012 at 11:13:11 am

yes, sorry for the typo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>