FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cannot get audio from hyperdeck when recording from dslr camera

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ed Bee
Cannot get audio from hyperdeck when recording from dslr camera
on Aug 22, 2012 at 12:21:01 am

Hi I connected my hyper deck to my dslr and recorded video, then when I play it back it has no sound. How can I or what can I do to hear the audio. Also the video that I shot recorded the focus square that I see in live view mode. What can I do so that it won't record the focus square. Thanks
In advance

Return to posts index

Andreas Wojtaschek
Re: Cannot get audio from hyperdeck when recording from dslr camera
on Aug 22, 2012 at 2:16:43 pm

Hi Ed,

it depends on your DSLR camera if it is possible to record a picture on the HDMI output withous any overlays. As far as I know it is not possible to do that on any Canon camera as there is now way to switch off the overlays. The only camera I know of that can do this is the D800 from Nikon.

It is the same with audio. Some DSLR cameras just don't embed the audio into the HDMI stream. Your only chance would be to check if there is any menu setting that mutes the audio when recording, what makes sense if there is no HDMI cable connected.

Cheers

Andreas

--

Entertainment Producer IHK
mindandvision

Return to posts index

Ed Bee
Re: Cannot get audio from hyperdeck when recording from dslr camera
on Aug 23, 2012 at 2:25:13 am

Hi, I disabled the audio function taped but still no joy. I have gone to Magic lantern to see if they have any features that can help with this. Tak for your advice my friend.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]