FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recording on the h.264 recorder

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Aldridge
Recording on the h.264 recorder
on Aug 21, 2012 at 12:22:54 am

I have the h.264 Pro Recorder setup to record using hd-sdi input. I have audio connected via the 1/4" inputs. No audio is present. How do I get the recorder to record video from the hd-sdi video input and the analog 1/4" audio input?

Return to posts index

Sarah Jones
Re: Recording on the h.264 recorder
on Aug 22, 2012 at 12:35:22 am

Hi Charles,

Sorry for any confusion. With the H.264 Pro Recorder, when you connect SDI, the device is looking for video and audio embedded on the SDI stream. Similarly, if you connect HDMI, it is looking for audio and video on the HDMI stream. In order to use the 1/4" TRS connectors, you would need to be inputting an analog video signal at that time. This is how the auto-sensing feature is designed.

If you are looking to input 1/4" TRS audio with your HD-SDI video feed, we can take this as a feature request, but currently this will not work with the H.264 Pro Recorder. You would need to embed this audio signal on your SDI feed prior to connecting to the device. You could accomplish this with something like our Mini Converter Audio to SDI or a similar device.

Best Regards,

Sarah
Support Representative
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Mike Squires
on Aug 22, 2012 at 3:22:48 pm

What is your SDI output device? Some allow analog audio inputs, and will embed the audio to the video.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Aug 24, 2012 at 6:48:41 pm

buy this -
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=blackmagic+embedder&N=0&InitialSea...

then you can do exactly what you want.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]